• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "First Date. Terrible. Sigh."

Collapse

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Being single myself (I bet that comes as no surprise to some of you ) I have done the internet/online stuff and have far too many stories.

Oddly enough I though taking the ladies for meals was the thing to do as you could at least talk about food while getting to eat out etc. Totally wrong idea and don't anymore. For me now its 1 hour coffee so the lady knows she has a get out clause and can suffer an hour or so with definate escape and NO alcohol. Works a treat but anyway...

One of first meal dates i had she went to loo after starter and guess what, never came back. Got a text a few mins later saying she had panic attack and left, can we re-arrange. This kind offer was declinded while i was sitting in the restaurant on my jack.

Another soon after I arranged to meet a girl in restaurant, she turned up and both of us realised almost immediately it was not for us. We made small talk while the food came and we tucked in with gusto to get it over and done with. I got a steak like a football and they didn't give me a steak knife so I am ripping into it and eating as fast as possible. Eventually it happens.... I swallow a piece thats too big, little cough, few swallows, nope its stuck. I could even feel it in my throat, take a drink, not happening, I am starting to panic now so I grunt excuse me and run outside. Round the corner i have both hands up against the wall and am pukin for England to get rid of this steak, making horrible wheezin noise trying to breath. 5 mins later with one huge and very loud chunder I get rid of the blockage as well as the rest of the evenings meal. Tears running down my face, sick drippin off my chin I look up to see my date standing there with a look of horror on her face. She asks if I am ok, i respond I am, she went in and guess what.... when i get there 10 mins or so later there is some money on the plate and an empty seat.

Nightmare... Still makes my toes curl thinking about it now
    Jeez, perhaps I can understand your constant frustrated tone now!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    He only plays 5 strings anyway...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post

but then this cultured, intelligent, attractive, well mannered lady turns out to have the morals of a tu'penny whore...
    "but then this cultured, intelligent, attractive, well mannered lady turns out to not have the morals of a tu'penny whore..."

because she didn't demand 2p for the shag.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    my ex missus worked in the NAAFI in Colchester when she was about 20. One of the guys invited her out for a blue-vein steak. She was a bit puzzled when he took her to a local park and asked what he was going to do about the steak, so he says 'oh, ready for the blue-veiner are you' pushes her against a tree and whips his sos out.
    His eyes lit up when she pulled her dress up around her waist, only to grow dim as she ran like hell across the park and back to her room

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    well mannered lady turns out to have the morals of a tu'penny whore
    LOL says the person with 'I'd hit that' in his avatar

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    But Sir, you misunderstand me.

You can have a very romantic evening nice food, fine wines, decent music etc etc

but then this cultured, intelligent, attractive, well mannered lady turns out to have the morals of a tu'penny whore

not complaining just an observation like!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Being single myself (I bet that comes as no surprise to some of you ) I have done the internet/online stuff and have far too many stories.

Oddly enough I though taking the ladies for meals was the thing to do as you could at least talk about food while getting to eat out etc. Totally wrong idea and don't anymore. For me now its 1 hour coffee so the lady knows she has a get out clause and can suffer an hour or so with definate escape and NO alcohol. Works a treat but anyway...

One of first meal dates i had she went to loo after starter and guess what, never came back. Got a text a few mins later saying she had panic attack and left, can we re-arrange. This kind offer was declinded while i was sitting in the restaurant on my jack.

Another soon after I arranged to meet a girl in restaurant, she turned up and both of us realised almost immediately it was not for us. We made small talk while the food came and we tucked in with gusto to get it over and done with. I got a steak like a football and they didn't give me a steak knife so I am ripping into it and eating as fast as possible. Eventually it happens.... I swallow a piece thats too big, little cough, few swallows, nope its stuck. I could even feel it in my throat, take a drink, not happening, I am starting to panic now so I grunt excuse me and run outside. Round the corner i have both hands up against the wall and am pukin for England to get rid of this steak, making horrible wheezin noise trying to breath. 5 mins later with one huge and very loud chunder I get rid of the blockage as well as the rest of the evenings meal. Tears running down my face, sick drippin off my chin I look up to see my date standing there with a look of horror on her face. She asks if I am ok, i respond I am, she went in and guess what.... when i get there 10 mins or so later there is some money on the plate and an empty seat.

Nightmare... Still makes my toes curl thinking about it now

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    [QUOTE=original PM;1008661]

but you do raise a good point - when you mention the word Slapper I immediately think of orange birds with gold hoop earings.

but experience tells me there are a lot of classy (to look at them) birds who bang like a sh!t house door in the wind....

QUOTE]

The age of romance is not dead

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    well she was actually quite intelligent, could hold a good conversation had a decent job if I remember rightly.

but you do raise a good point - when you mention the word Slapper I immediately think of orange birds with gold hoop earings.

but experience tells me there are a lot of classy (to look at them) birds who bang like a sh!t house door in the wind....

its so confusing being a man sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    It was a while back and erm no i don't!!!

Interestingly enough (or maybe not) I met her online - MSN Chat I think.....
    She sounds like a slapper. Which was good enough for you by the sounds of it...

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    You two-timing weasel
    have you got her phone number ?

It was a while back and erm no i don't!!!

Interestingly enough (or maybe not) I met her online - MSN Chat I think.....

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    she had a change of clothes with her

come to think of she was a bit presumptious maybe I should have played harder to get!!!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    so what sort of date Do women want.

Last time I went on a date went to a nice restaurant, a few drinks and to be quite honest she simply came back to my flat

after a few hours of luving off she went!

mind you she left her shoes (common tactic by women to get invited round again btw) which was tricky to explain to the gf of the time.
    You two-timing weasel
    have you got her phone number ?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    mind you she left her shoes (common tactic by women to get invited round again btw) which was tricky to explain to the gf of the time.
    how did she get home if she left her shoes?? barefoot?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    so what sort of date Do women want.

Last time I went on a date went to a nice restaurant, a few drinks and to be quite honest she simply came back to my flat

after a few hours of luving off she went!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X