• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Date. Terrible. Sigh.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
    Did somthing like this a few years ago, my ex (that explains the outcome already!) took me back to hers for some "coffee" or so I thought, while we were there I spotted her guitar, picked it up and proceeded to sing and play quite a good rendition of "message in a bottle"

However I was very, very drunk and could not feel the strings properly, undaunted by this I continued to play as I was very confident in my ability. It wasn't till the next morning that I realised the guitar was your ordinary right handed acoustic jobbie, but I'm left handed! She wasn't best impressed as she had told her flatmates I was in a band etc.......

So it could've been worse!!
    Ha! See that now just sounds plain funny.

Yes, I hear you all slapping my wrists for going back to his on a first date, what can I say...!
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Ha! See that now just sounds plain funny.

Yes, I hear you all slapping my wrists for going back to his on a first date, what can I say...!
      I wasn't aiming for your wrist

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        I wasn't aiming for your wrist
        Ooh, matron. My defence is - I was drunk.

Have a lot to thank that guitar for, sobered me up nicely and ensured nothing untoward would happen!
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          I have never really done "dating", that's quite sad isn't it. Ex was a friend, so it never really happened.

So, last night, I got back in the game.

Started off fine, but then he began saying how we should go back to his when the pub closes, so he can play me his guitar. Cue many elbow nudges from me, nudge nudge, wink wink. Turns out he doesn't have much of a sense of humour (strike one) and insists that he is a great guitar player and would love to play for me. I squirm uncomfortably as I realise he's serious.

A couple of drinks later, I'm wobbling around putting my coat on and everything has a rosy glow - of course I will go back to his to listen to him play the guitar; perhaps I even fancy him a bit more now - what the heck.

However in the taxi on the way there, I start to sober up a bit, and realise I am beginning to regret my decision.

I fully regret my decision soon enough.

He insists I sit on the sofa "come on, get comfy!" while he actually does go and get an acoustic guitar. My heart sinks as he then stands directly in front of me, one leg up on the sofa (affording me a very uncomfortable view).

He begins to play a ropey version of some Oasis song, while I squirm and wish I was at home in my jimmers. He then grabs a song book and throws it to me, still playing, and tells me to "sing along".

Lord, no. I beat a hasty retreat and only felt slightly bad this morning when I thought about how rude I'd been.

Judging by his miffed text message, I think I was in the minority of females who have not been seduced by this piffle.

Anyone else care to share bad date stories?

Comment

Best laugh I`ve had all day (at least).
            I may try his approach myself in the future but I`d rather put a pair of pants on the outside just for comedy sake , I really wouldn`t be able to do what he did without larfing my arse off. WHere`d you pick him up from?

I`m off to buy a guitar and the lyrics for Frankie goes to Hollywood - "COME" .Imagine that.

I can`t stand the whole stranger dating thing these days but luckily the last few relationships have come about from friendships - and them either askng me out or promting me to ask them out.

Fingers crossed your next date will go better
            Last edited by SuperZ; 23 November 2009, 13:09.

Comment

so what sort of date Do women want.

Last time I went on a date went to a nice restaurant, a few drinks and to be quite honest she simply came back to my flat

after a few hours of luving off she went!

mind you she left her shoes (common tactic by women to get invited round again btw) which was tricky to explain to the gf of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                mind you she left her shoes (common tactic by women to get invited round again btw) which was tricky to explain to the gf of the time.
                how did she get home if she left her shoes?? barefoot?
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  so what sort of date Do women want.

Last time I went on a date went to a nice restaurant, a few drinks and to be quite honest she simply came back to my flat

after a few hours of luving off she went!

You two-timing weasel
                  have you got her phone number ?

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

she had a change of clothes with her

come to think of she was a bit presumptious maybe I should have played harder to get!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                      You two-timing weasel
                      have you got her phone number ?

It was a while back and erm no i don't!!!

Interestingly enough (or maybe not) I met her online - MSN Chat I think.....

Comment

Working...
                      X