• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Climate change belief is a religion"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    This story is made up, right?
    Well - you can believe that if you want to.

Climate Change (on either side of the mass debate), can be argued scientifically, or emotionally. The greens tend to do it emotionally, as they are "true believers". ACC really suits their belief system, so it is akin to a religious belief - proof is used to bolster their beliefs; lack of proof, or falsifiying proof is rejected.

Opponents to ACC may also be true believers - their mindset determined by hatred of greens.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Does this mean the permies will get more holidays?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    I want to believe.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    You are being ironic, aren't you? Or do you need to be told about the Merkin bible belt and the Flying Spaghetti Monster?
    This story is supposed to have happened in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    [QUOTE=dang65;990454Can you imagine how you would feel if Evolution was treated as a political belief and a lifestyle choice!?[/QUOTE]You are being ironic, aren't you? Or do you need to be told about the Merkin bible belt and the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Woah! This is a massive headmangler of a story. Who the hell brought religion or philosophy into it!?? WTF? Richard Dawkins must be banging his head on a wall right now.

It's a completely and totally scientific issue, whichever side of the "belief" you hold. Do people really make up their minds on this subject based on some kind of spiritual inspiration which comes to them in a vision?

If you were strongly opposed to nuclear power and your employer was enthusiastically promoting it, could either of you be said to have a "religious belief" about the issue?

And then you've got the employer claiming that his views are political and a "lifestyle choice".

Basically, the issue of man-made climate change is being treated as everything except a scientific issue - religious belief, philosophy, political belief and lifestyle choice. Can you imagine how you would feel if Evolution was treated as a political belief and a lifestyle choice!?

Just incredible.

This story is made up, right?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I believe all dogs go to heaven.

*bang*

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    I believe in miracles. Where you from, you sexy thing?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I believe I can fly.

but that'll be the LSD talking.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    I believe for every drop of rain that falls a flower grows (which right now, should be loads).

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Does this mean that not believing in man made climate change is also a religion, and therefore accusations of equivalence with holocaust denial are illegal?

Does it also mean that believing in climate change is as reasonable as believing in, say, a flying spagetti monster?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    Would a firm belief in mankind-has-no-significant-effect-on-climate also fall under this area. Because then I have just found my religion. Finally.
    it's about beliefs just as much as religion.

I do believe I will go to the pub this afternoon

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Nobody done this one? Believing in climate change is a religious belief protected by law.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/8339652.stm
    Would a firm belief in mankind-has-no-significant-effect-on-climate also fall under this area. Because then I have just found my religion. Finally.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Who are the high priests and where do I send my money?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    started a topic Climate change belief is a religion

Climate change belief is a religion

Nobody done this one? Believing in climate change is a religious belief protected by law.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/8339652.stm

what the judgment says is that a belief in man-made climate change and the alleged resulting moral imperative is capable of being a philosophical belief and is therefore protected by the 2003 religion or belief regulations."

Working...
X