• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Central heating a thing of the past"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I tried to guy one a couple of years ago and they ballsed up the order.
    Not sure how you can "guy one" ... were you going to embroid something manly onto it, like a guiness logo?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Erm, isn't that just a dressing gown?
    Yeah, more or less. But longer, thicker and warmer than a dressing gown I imagine, and possibly without an opening at the front. I use a dressing gown for warmth purposes currently and am considering upgrading. At least if I see one in the shops, I'm not keen enough to buy one off the Internet.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I tried to guy one a couple of years ago and they ballsed up the order.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Get a slanket instead. Has anyone already got one?

Seriously though, why heat a whole house when you can wear a £25 slanket (light sword not included) instead? You can go to Jedi or Jihad conventions without needing to change first too.
    Erm, isn't that just a dressing gown?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    or try putting the bleeding radiators on
    Alternatively sit naked around a pile of burning money. You know it makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Try bleeding the radiators.

Sorry, wrong thread.
    or try putting the bleeding radiators on

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Wasn't this on Dragon's Den at some point?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied

Seriously though, why heat a whole house when you can wear a £25 slanket (light sword not included) instead? You can go to Jedi or Jihad conventions without needing to change first too.
    Cos you'll get laughed at in Tesco's and asked to leave.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Whose dumb idea was it that males should wear separate clothing for the upper and lower torso anyway? Not only is it not thermally efficient, but a robe looks much smarter too. Seems like the Muslims got it right again.
    suitable under garments fix that problem for you

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Whose dumb idea was it that males should wear separate clothing for the upper and lower torso anyway? Not only is it not thermally efficient, but a robe looks much smarter too. Seems like the Muslims got it right again.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Try bleeding the radiators.

Sorry, wrong thread.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Feel the force, Luke warm.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I thought this was a thread about Global Warming.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    started a topic Central heating a thing of the past

Central heating a thing of the past

Working...
X