• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Website help please"

Collapse

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    Originally posted by scotspine View Post
    ...who said that??

I find all the browsers behave the same except IE6 which, unfortunately, many large companies are still using. Constantly looking for that missing setting that only IE6 worries about. Even something as Microsoft centric as iframes behaves differently in IE6 from every other browers.

Leave a comment:

• conkerer
    replied
    Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
    I really am invisible aren't I.
    Now I feel REALLY guilty

To make up for that and because you were the only one to test using Chrome ...

Thank You OrangeHopper

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Works fine on IE 8.

I wouldn't worry about the other browsers personally.

I do have quite "interesting" discussions with a friend who is a web designer, and he loathes having to ensure a web site is compatible in the 3 million different browsers out there. It adds additional cost and headache.

I've advised him to try to encourage his clients and their customers to just using IE, but they are having none of it.

I hope another 20 browsers come out in the next few years, and then the Internet will be really pooched for users and designers.

Perhaps then people will realise that too much choice can be a bad thing.

I'll be fair and can tolerate 2 browsers in the market.

Whether that's IE and A.N.Other or just 2 A.N.Others doesn't matter.

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied
    ...who said that??

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    Originally posted by conkerer View Post
    Hi Nick,
    many thanks for the Mac perspective
    I really am invisible aren't I.

Leave a comment:

• conkerer
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.1: Safari Version 4.0.3 (6531.9) seems to be fine, as does Opera 10.00 build 6652
    Hi Nick,
    many thanks for the Mac perspective

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I've given up on IE entirely now, because it seems incapable of saving online news web pages in HTML - Just sits there for ages, and then suddenly bombs out with an error message. But I've never yet found a page FireFox can't save.
    I gave up on IE at version 7. Not only is it a machine killer on my crappy old laptop, it even distresses my super-optimised dual-processor box. I have the versions there for testing but wouldn't willingly use them for surfing.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.1: Safari Version 4.0.3 (6531.9) seems to be fine, as does Opera 10.00 build 6652

Leave a comment:

• conkerer
    replied
    Originally posted by Frogstomp View Post
    It's Charlie.. do you think you can get hold of the film, or are you hoping he might have a copy? If it's the former I'd love to get a copy for him.. PM an email address..
    I can't do PM yet, but when (if) I get a copy of the film I'll let you know !

There's a really crappy streaming version here:
    http://archive.iskratv.com/shorts/cl...es004_017.html

I've approached the TV company asking for a copy for the Conker people and for Charlie.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Yep, I'm getting on very well with FF3.5.3. IMO much faster than IE8 (which for some reason repeatedly locks up on me, never managing to load pages such as Google!)
    I've given up on IE entirely now, because it seems incapable of saving online news web pages in HTML - Just sits there for ages, and then suddenly bombs out with an error message. But I've never yet found a page FireFox can't save.

Leave a comment:

• Frogstomp
    replied
    Originally posted by conkerer View Post
    Charlie Bray? or John Bull?

I'm trying to get hold of a film from 1996 about Charlie.
    It's Charlie.. do you think you can get hold of the film, or are you hoping he might have a copy? If it's the former I'd love to get a copy for him.. PM an email address..

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.14) Gecko/2009090216 Ubuntu/9.04 (jaunty) Firefox/3.0.14

Works fine

Leave a comment:

• conkerer
    replied
    Many thanks guys for all the responses so far

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Fine here
    IE 6 SP2 ( dont ask, corporate issue )
    XP Pro 5.1 SP2.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Yep, I'm getting on very well with FF3.5.3. IMO much faster than IE8 (which for some reason repeatedly locks up on me, never managing to load pages such as Google!)
    I 've just used IE for the first time in ages and couldn't find the address bar. Then I finally spotted it right at the top of the screen, d'oh! Usually I get an automatic invitation to download the latest FF, but havn't received one yet, so still on 3.014.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X