• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stock market collapse in October"

Collapse

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Did Santa win then?
    Nope, not this time. Got close before the market reversed.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    No. He is a big fat LOSER.
    Oh dear.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Did Santa win then?
    No. He is a big fat LOSER.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    If the FTSE falls to 5040 or lower at any point in the day (today), even for 1 second, Santa wins 9x his "bet" otherwise he loses.
    Did Santa win then?

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You'd better throw some pepper over your left shoulder and sacrifice a puppy to the gods to improve your chances.
    Close (got within 40 points), but no cigar!

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    unemployment rises to 10.2% and the market is not crashing
    madness
    It means that rates are not going up anytime soon. Loadacheapmoney - fillyaboots.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Gold has touched $1100
    buy buy bye

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    madness
    The market was obviously expecting worse figures.

Plus the printing presses would have been turned to gas mark 8.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    madness

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Translation please
    If the FTSE falls to 5040 or lower at any point in the day (today), even for 1 second, Santa wins 9x his "bet" otherwise he loses.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    I bought the FTSE 5040 one-touch binary at around a price of 12, which means I profit about 9x my original stake if that level gets hit.
    Translation please

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Yep, youre right Brillo.

Anyway, today we have a drop in the stock markets due to a dismal US unemployment figure.

I bought the FTSE 5040 one-touch binary at around a price of 12, which means I profit about 9x my original stake if that level gets hit.

Quite likely as its a good stop-hunting level for dealers and NFP day is stop-hunting day
    You'd better throw some pepper over your left shoulder and sacrifice a puppy to the gods to improve your chances.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I agree. But I think that while QE is around bonds are expensive so alot of money going into equities. Once QE reversed bonds will get cheaper......
    Yep, youre right Brillo.

Anyway, today we have a drop in the stock markets due to a dismal US unemployment figure.

Quite likely as its a good stop-hunting level for dealers and NFP day is stop-hunting day

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Lets see what Non Farm Payroll (1:30pm) and the G20 meetings (today and this weekend) do.

I agree that fake monopoly money is propping this thing up.
    It's just prolonging the pain that is bound to happen eventually.
    I agree. But I think that while QE is around bonds are expensive so alot of money going into equities. Once QE reversed bonds will get cheaper......

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Lets see what Non Farm Payroll (1:30pm) and the G20 meetings (today and this weekend) do.

I agree that fake monopoly money is propping this thing up.
    It's just prolonging the pain that is bound to happen eventually.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X