• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock market collapse in October

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Yep, youre right Brillo.

Anyway, today we have a drop in the stock markets due to a dismal US unemployment figure.

I bought the FTSE 5040 one-touch binary at around a price of 12, which means I profit about 9x my original stake if that level gets hit.

Quite likely as its a good stop-hunting level for dealers and NFP day is stop-hunting day
    You'd better throw some pepper over your left shoulder and sacrifice a puppy to the gods to improve your chances.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
      I bought the FTSE 5040 one-touch binary at around a price of 12, which means I profit about 9x my original stake if that level gets hit.
      Translation please

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
        Translation please
        If the FTSE falls to 5040 or lower at any point in the day (today), even for 1 second, Santa wins 9x his "bet" otherwise he loses.

Comment

unemployment rises to 10.2% and the market is not crashing
          madness

Comment

madness
            The market was obviously expecting worse figures.

Plus the printing presses would have been turned to gas mark 8.

Comment

Gold has touched $1100
              buy buy bye

Comment

madness
                It means that rates are not going up anytime soon. Loadacheapmoney - fillyaboots.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  You'd better throw some pepper over your left shoulder and sacrifice a puppy to the gods to improve your chances.
                  Close (got within 40 points), but no cigar!
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    If the FTSE falls to 5040 or lower at any point in the day (today), even for 1 second, Santa wins 9x his "bet" otherwise he loses.
                    Did Santa win then?
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                      Did Santa win then?
                      No. He is a big fat LOSER.

Comment

Working...
                      X