• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock market collapse in October

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    As there are so many stock market threads I thought I'd resurrect the original - and still the most accurate to date

In what way was it accurate?

Comment

There was a biggish fall on the last day of October. Been goiing up since.
      And that fall would have been much greater if this fake QE money was not artificially propping things up.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

And that fall would have been much greater if this fake QE money was not artificially propping things up.
        Just wait until interest rates go up.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Just wait until interest rates go up.
          I'm not worried, our glorious leader's expert economic stewardship will see us right
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            We're all fooked
            WHS

Comment

My previous reply was the 666th reply to this thread.

Comment

He, he. He'd have got away with it, if it wasn't for those damn kids...
                Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Lets see what Non Farm Payroll (1:30pm) and the G20 meetings (today and this weekend) do.

I agree that fake monopoly money is propping this thing up.
                  It's just prolonging the pain that is bound to happen eventually.
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                    Lets see what Non Farm Payroll (1:30pm) and the G20 meetings (today and this weekend) do.

I agree that fake monopoly money is propping this thing up.
                    It's just prolonging the pain that is bound to happen eventually.
                    I agree. But I think that while QE is around bonds are expensive so alot of money going into equities. Once QE reversed bonds will get cheaper......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I agree. But I think that while QE is around bonds are expensive so alot of money going into equities. Once QE reversed bonds will get cheaper......
                      Yep, youre right Brillo.

Anyway, today we have a drop in the stock markets due to a dismal US unemployment figure.

I bought the FTSE 5040 one-touch binary at around a price of 12, which means I profit about 9x my original stake if that level gets hit.

Quite likely as its a good stop-hunting level for dealers and NFP day is stop-hunting day
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X