• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: invoice charges?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "invoice charges?"

Collapse

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    some kind of special case. Few contractors here sound in any way like what the man on the street would call a business.

However, CUK people do tend to get pissy if in any way it's implied they're not the master of their life and career. These guys don't have bosses, they are the boss and you'd better damn well respect them!
    Yeah, I'm sure that if someone found a way to avoid paying tax at all, but to do this, you had to solemnly swear that you were an employee and state it ten times a day to everyone you know, a lot of people on this board would be rehearsing their lines double quick.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    Your question is phrased in a way that an employee enquires about their legal rights ("Is there a limit"). That's what's got so many people worked up. As far as this board is concerned, contractors are businesses, not employees.
    some kind of special case. Few contractors here sound in any way like what the man on the street would call a business. He'd describe them as self-employed, and perhaps make some jealous comment about 'a tax dodge'. The whole contractor-as-a-company thing is only around due to the peculiarities of our nation's laws.

However, CUK people do tend to get pissy if in any way it's implied they're not the master of their life and career. These guys don't have bosses, they are the boss and you'd better damn well respect them!

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by cv65user View Post
    why do i always get a sarcastic answer.
    Your question is phrased in a way that an employee enquires about their legal rights ("Is there a limit"). That's what's got so many people worked up. As far as this board is concerned, contractors are businesses, not employees.

Imagine the owner of a small business posting a message saying, "I think one of my suppliers is charging me too much for a service. Is this allowed?"

Short answer - they can charge whatever they have agreed with you in the small print. If they wanted to charge you treble for invoices submitted on Tuesday afternoons, that's fine (as long as it's in the T&C). Your sense of "fairness" is irrelevant.

If they've broken the T&C, demand your money back. If you've realised you dont' like the T&C, take your business elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Should I complain to the mods and sue for hurt feelings?
    I don't think Sue will care any more than the mods will.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Hs rght u no. Ppl dnt nd prpr englsh, we shd tk tm 2 dcphr it std of hm bthr 2 typ.

Never see why people take it so badly when they're asked to type properly on a forum. This isn't a forum for 12-year olds (thought sometimes you'd struggle to tell) to talk about PS3 games. Forum etiquette here is: be a knob if you like but learn to type.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Are you a child doing work experience during your school holidays? Most of us have grown out of the "You're gay, you are" as a form of abuse after our first night-time emission.
    Some of us are.

Should I complain to the mods and sue for hurt feelings?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    whah whah whah

ginge, brian is your other parent , you was conceived by two gay guys . what else do you think i was referring to
    I like this one, he's special. Can we keep him please?

Right, I'm off to google some your mother jokes

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    I was right. Fresh meat.

i see the point now. a war between permies and contractors , and then contractors between LTDs.
    Nope. You've not read it right.

On this site are permies, retired folk, contractors going through umbrellas, contractors going through LtdCos and a few other types & combinations as well as temps like you. But the nature of our working conditions do not result in flame wars.

The reason you are getting abuse is because you attract abuse. You show contempt, so you receive contempt. You are lazy, rude, naive, ignorant, lacking in social skills, a poor communicator, insensitive, hasty and probably a bit thick. Hence you do not fit in.

I can see clearly why you are not in a permanent job: with your behaviour you couldn't manage to keep one.

so i have to deal with crap from permies and now LTDs who think they are more superior because they are trading under a name . i will move a step up then . but at least my head wont go further into my bum hole .
    Your inferiority complex, whilst appropriate, does not sit well with the chip on your shoulder. Either tame the latter, and become humble and sweet, or get off your bum, do some research, sort yourself out and get some self-respect.

ginge, brian is your other parent , you was conceived by two gay guys . what else do you think i was referring to
    Are you a child doing work experience during your school holidays? Most of us have grown out of the "You're gay, you are" as a form of abuse after our first night-time emission.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    i see the point now. a war between permies and contractors , and then contractors between LTDs.

so i have to deal with crap from permies and now LTDs who think they are more superior because they are trading under a name . i will move a step up then . but at least my head wont go further into my bum hole .

Oh I am so tempted....

Tell you what, I'll bite my tongue and keep it polite - read the forum Ts&Cs and learn some manners. Right now, you look like someone who is entirely self-sufficient in the arts of love.

And FWIW al the answers you've had so far have been accurate and to the point.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    well pure reason to go with umbrella is =
    permanent employee 15 pr hr
    agency = 18 pr hr
    or via umbrella = 22 pr hr

you tell me what should i have chosen. even with a £80 admin fee a month i am still making more then a permanent / agency employee . so it covered the costs .
    So you don't have the ability to search for basic information, you're too lazy to check your spelling and can't be bothered with punctuation, you think running a Ltd is purely for the name, you also have temping confused with contracting.

All that and you insult me too, you won't get far in life with that attitude.

Leave a comment:

• cv65user
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Incidentally writing in decent, adequately punctuated English is basic good manners.
    When it's apparent that you don't understand even the basics of contracting don't be surprised if you get a few ascerbic comments.
    For that matter many posters on CUK regard Umbrella companies as something that only utter fools use (misguided in my opinion). When it's obvious that you don't understand at even a superficial level what you've signed up for when you started to work via an umbrella then you are begging to shot at.
    well pure reason to go with umbrella is =
    permanent employee 15 pr hr
    agency = 18 pr hr
    or via umbrella = 22 pr hr

you tell me what should i have chosen. even with a £80 admin fee a month i am still making more then a permanent / agency employee . so it covered the costs .

Leave a comment:

• cv65user
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Incidentally writing in decent, adequately punctuated English is basic good manners.
    When it's apparent that you don't understand even the basics of contracting don't be surprised if you get a few ascerbic comments.
    For that matter many posters on CUK regard Umbrella companies as something that only utter fools use (misguided in my opinion). When it's obvious that you don't understand at even a superficial level what you've signed up for when you started to work via an umbrella then you are begging to shot at.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    cv65user, you ever hang around a gymnasium?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    if you wasnt so stuck up, you may have known no companies are taking on permanent and only employing people as contractors at the moment due to the current climate . this is why i am an contractor. but having experienced contracting for the nature of the job i am in . i am in no better position then a permanent employee as the current role depends on customer leased contracts , so i would be here for the length of the lease anyway / likewise with a permanent employee. this is the primary reason why i opt for contract position as i get a higher pay rate .

get over the grammer/punctuation .you clearly aint dyslexic or maybe you admitting you are . had you a brain , the human brian fills in missing information - this is what its there for . so use it .

the questions i ask are for clarification only and i dont need flaming from a bunch of c o c k s.

well not me submitting invoice , maybe i got it wrong . i meant i submit hour sheet and its the umbrella company that invoices the client . parasoul and the likes charge about 30 per week. so i you are already looking around £90 pcm if times by average 4 weeks in a month so yeah thats the norm i beleive.
    Who's Brian?

Just trying to preserve standards around here as we don't want it turning into Yahoo answers, we are supposed to be professional after all.
    Last edited by gingerjedi; 15 August 2009, 13:07.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X