• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Fitness

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fitness"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Weltchy View Post
    I play squash 3-4 times a week, normally playing an hour a game. Plus I do Martial Arts (Aikido), which is normally 3 classes a week, each class being around 2 hours long.

Sometimes, I'll play squash doubles for an hour and a half on a Friday, go home, have a shower, change, eat and then go to Aikido for 2 hours. The missus however has recently banned me from doing this, saying I'm not in twenties anymore.

Is there anything left of you? That or you eat a lot of curry mmmm curry

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    That's a lot of weights.
    I'm sure it's not all one one stack...

Leave a comment:

• Weltchy
    replied
    I play squash 3-4 times a week, normally playing an hour a game. Plus I do Martial Arts (Aikido), which is normally 3 classes a week, each class being around 2 hours long.

Sometimes, I'll play squash doubles for an hour and a half on a Friday, go home, have a shower, change, eat and then go to Aikido for 2 hours. The missus however has recently banned me from doing this, saying I'm not in twenties anymore.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Have been on the bench for several weeks and thought I'd better shed the Xmas (2005) weight.

Been going to the gym four times a week and eating healthily for about a month now and feel pretty good.

Just checked and have lost a few more pounds - every little helps.

Anyone else on the bench also using the time to get in shape?
    Yes. Although just before I got benched I was swimming, running and playing football after work. I lost a bit of weight (18 pounds or so) and now I am on the bench I intend to carry this on. More time now so may throw cycling into the mix.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by orac View Post
    Got a home Gym above my garage. Concept II rowing machine, Nordic Track and 200 Kgs of weights.
    Concept II is great for getting the heart going, what's your best time for 1Km @ level 10?

3.32 is as fast as I like to go these days without wanting to see yesterday's dinner. I think 2.40 is the world record.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by orac View Post
    Got a home Gym above my garage. Concept II rowing machine, Nordic Track and 200 Kgs of weights.
    That's a lot of weights.

Leave a comment:

• orac
    replied
    Got a home gym

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Of course, it is not always a good idea to go to the gym......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8184697.stm

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I cycle an hour a day getting to\from work and 3-4 times a week go out for an hour on my bike lunchtime. Occasionally I go out for a cycle at weekends for a couple of hours. Coupled with a diet I've lost 17lb in two months.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
    Careful, it will become as addictive as drinking and chasing wimmin.

That could only be true if you are very retarded or mental in some way.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I've been using bench time to go cycling every day, though hay fever and rain has meant not quite every day, but I've probably averaged four times a week for an hour, which is pretty good for me. The first week killed me, but after 6 weeks I can keep up an hour at a reasonable pace and make it up the hills without needing to lie down or vomit.

Another good thing is that I don't make four visits a day to the client's vending machine just to escape the mindless tedium of contract work.

I definitely feel healthier, and I think the beer belly is slightly diminished. I should probably join a gym, but I'm put off by the unbearable trendiness and poser-ness of it all.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Gym smym.

Calisthenics is enough to keep you going when you're away from home...

Leave a comment:

• msubhan
    replied
    I do feel guilty if I don't go and to be honest it's the best way (for me) to destress after work....but I have to go straight from work, of I go home first there's no chance of me getting to the gym!

Also I hate the big corporate gyms, the one I go to is really friendy-all the members know each other and the staff/owner....we even go out on the weekend together.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    its all true... does anyone else here get to the stage where you feel annoyed with yourself for missing out when you can't go? i.e. sometimes I'm away from home in a hotel that's got no sign of any fitness equipment and I'm longing to be at my regular gym - I'm sure it's just an illness that'll go away.

I'm a member at Esporta and that gives automatic entry to all the other gyms they have throughout the country. I'm in the West Country next week and will be visiting their Taunton and Plymouth gyms. Surely this is ideal for yourself !!

www.esporta.com

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Have been on the bench for several weeks and thought I'd better shed the Xmas (2005) weight.

Been going to the gym four times a week and eating healthily for about a month now and feel pretty good.

Just checked and have lost a few more pounds - every little helps.

Anyone else on the bench also using the time to get in shape?

Yes.... so much so that I think working would now be bad for my health. I'm in the gym, sauna, jacuzzi three times a week plus I play squash at least once a week. My weight is at a steady 13 stone after being just under 15 stone just over a year ago. I've never felt fitter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X