• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fitness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    its all true... does anyone else here get to the stage where you feel annoyed with yourself for missing out when you can't go? i.e. sometimes I'm away from home in a hotel that's got no sign of any fitness equipment and I'm longing to be at my regular gym - I'm sure it's just an illness that'll go away.

I'm a member at Esporta and that gives automatic entry to all the other gyms they have throughout the country. I'm in the West Country next week and will be visiting their Taunton and Plymouth gyms. Surely this is ideal for yourself !!

www.esporta.com

Comment

I do feel guilty if I don't go and to be honest it's the best way (for me) to destress after work....but I have to go straight from work, of I go home first there's no chance of me getting to the gym!

Also I hate the big corporate gyms, the one I go to is really friendy-all the members know each other and the staff/owner....we even go out on the weekend together.

Comment

Gym smym.

Calisthenics is enough to keep you going when you're away from home...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I've been using bench time to go cycling every day, though hay fever and rain has meant not quite every day, but I've probably averaged four times a week for an hour, which is pretty good for me. The first week killed me, but after 6 weeks I can keep up an hour at a reasonable pace and make it up the hills without needing to lie down or vomit.

Another good thing is that I don't make four visits a day to the client's vending machine just to escape the mindless tedium of contract work.

I definitely feel healthier, and I think the beer belly is slightly diminished. I should probably join a gym, but I'm put off by the unbearable trendiness and poser-ness of it all.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
            Careful, it will become as addictive as drinking and chasing wimmin.

That could only be true if you are very retarded or mental in some way.
            Bored.

Comment

I cycle an hour a day getting to\from work and 3-4 times a week go out for an hour on my bike lunchtime. Occasionally I go out for a cycle at weekends for a couple of hours. Coupled with a diet I've lost 17lb in two months.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Of course, it is not always a good idea to go to the gym......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8184697.stm

Comment

Got a home gym

Got a home Gym above my garage. Concept II rowing machine, Nordic Track and 200 Kgs of weights.

Comment

Originally posted by orac View Post
                    Got a home Gym above my garage. Concept II rowing machine, Nordic Track and 200 Kgs of weights.
                    That's a lot of weights.

Comment

Originally posted by orac View Post
                      Concept II is great for getting the heart going, what's your best time for 1Km @ level 10?

3.32 is as fast as I like to go these days without wanting to see yesterday's dinner. I think 2.40 is the world record.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X