• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fitness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Have been on the bench for several weeks and thought I'd better shed the Xmas (2005) weight.

Been going to the gym four times a week and eating healthily for about a month now and feel pretty good.

Just checked and have lost a few more pounds - every little helps.

Anyone else on the bench also using the time to get in shape?
    Yes. Although just before I got benched I was swimming, running and playing football after work. I lost a bit of weight (18 pounds or so) and now I am on the bench I intend to carry this on. More time now so may throw cycling into the mix.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I play squash 3-4 times a week, normally playing an hour a game. Plus I do Martial Arts (Aikido), which is normally 3 classes a week, each class being around 2 hours long.

Sometimes, I'll play squash doubles for an hour and a half on a Friday, go home, have a shower, change, eat and then go to Aikido for 2 hours. The missus however has recently banned me from doing this, saying I'm not in twenties anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        That's a lot of weights.
        I'm sure it's not all one one stack...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy View Post
          I play squash 3-4 times a week, normally playing an hour a game. Plus I do Martial Arts (Aikido), which is normally 3 classes a week, each class being around 2 hours long.

Sometimes, I'll play squash doubles for an hour and a half on a Friday, go home, have a shower, change, eat and then go to Aikido for 2 hours. The missus however has recently banned me from doing this, saying I'm not in twenties anymore.

Is there anything left of you? That or you eat a lot of curry mmmm curry
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X