• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Best place to buy Euros for holiday?"

Collapse

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Get mine from either the hole in the wall or the missus.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Get mine from either the hole in the wall or the missus.

In fact there is only one place which is officially allowed to sell Euros and that's the EZB (or ECB to people not in the Euro.) They make 'em, they sell 'em.

Leave a comment:

• weemster
    replied
    I use these people quite a bit and have found them to be very
    competitive :-

http://www.crowncurrencyexchange.com/

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    This is where I am going to buy my holiday money.

http://www.travelfx.co.uk/how-it-works.php

Pay online, delivered to your home for free.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Badger View Post
    I don't get it.

If you've spent £000s or even only £00s on a holiday, why care about a few pounds difference on the exchange rate.

City Forex > £100 = €115.2
    Travelex > £100 = €114.5

Spend the 70c extra wisely.

It's like driving 15 miles to a garage that has unleaded at 1p/litre cheaper than the local garage.
    Actually, there is a big difference. Look at the exchange rates on offer at UK airports.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    I don't get it.

If you've spent £000s or even only £00s on a holiday, why care about a few pounds difference on the exchange rate.

City Forex > £100 = €115.2
    Travelex > £100 = €114.5

Spend the 70c extra wisely.

It's like driving 15 miles to a garage that has unleaded at 1p/litre cheaper than the local garage.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    I just used these guys. www.travelex.com

Good rate, refund the difference if yu can find better and deliver next day for free.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Of course, living in a 1st world country, I just go to the cashpoint, and select the option to withdraw cash in Euros.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    I always used to go to these people:

http://www.cityforex.co.uk/

Probably not too convenient if you are in Swindon though.

EDIT: I have to take that back they do next day delivery too, even to Swindon.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 4 August 2009, 08:11.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I use these people - they are very good.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    I've found the Post Office the best too, plus they often have currencies in stock that aren't that common like Danish Kroner.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by dozer View Post
    i use the post office, good rate with no commission and if you order enough they deliver to your house for free, even on a saturday (charge for sat delivery).

Sounds like they're giving it away !!

Leave a comment:

• dozer
    replied
    i use the post office, good rate with no commission and if you order enough they deliver to your house for free, even on a saturday (charge for sat delivery).

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
    Nationwide always give very good exchange rates when using your Debit card from ATMs abroad, and no fee within Euroland. I went to Turkey last week which is outsie of Europe and they are suppsed to be charging a £1.50 fee for FX but didn't do it there either.

WHS.... Nationwide Debit or Credit cards are always the best value, and of course safer than carrying wads of cash. I also tend to load the credit card with sterling before I go abroad to save on daily interest for cash withdrawn.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    If you're buying a reasonable amount, those that charge commission often work out better value than those that don't.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X