• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best place to buy Euros for holiday?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just used these guys. www.travelex.com

Good rate, refund the difference if yu can find better and deliver next day for free.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I don't get it.

If you've spent £000s or even only £00s on a holiday, why care about a few pounds difference on the exchange rate.

City Forex > £100 = €115.2
      Travelex > £100 = €114.5

Spend the 70c extra wisely.

It's like driving 15 miles to a garage that has unleaded at 1p/litre cheaper than the local garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
        I don't get it.

If you've spent £000s or even only £00s on a holiday, why care about a few pounds difference on the exchange rate.

City Forex > £100 = €115.2
        Travelex > £100 = €114.5

Spend the 70c extra wisely.

It's like driving 15 miles to a garage that has unleaded at 1p/litre cheaper than the local garage.
        Actually, there is a big difference. Look at the exchange rates on offer at UK airports.

Comment

This is where I am going to buy my holiday money.

http://www.travelfx.co.uk/how-it-works.php

Pay online, delivered to your home for free.

Comment

I use these people quite a bit and have found them to be very
            competitive :-

http://www.crowncurrencyexchange.com/

Comment

Get mine from either the hole in the wall or the missus.

In fact there is only one place which is officially allowed to sell Euros and that's the EZB (or ECB to people not in the Euro.) They make 'em, they sell 'em.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Get mine from either the hole in the wall or the missus.
                WHS

The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                X