• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "LASIK - Corrective eye surgery"

Collapse

• NickNick
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    My wife had femtolasik (sp?) two years ago. Both eyes at the same time. Was in a darkened room for the afternoon. Out and about the next day, though her eyes were a rather sore for a few days.

Still gets glare/halos at night, but not so bad as to prevent her from driving. No way am I ever getting it done. The way I look at it - no pain, no pain.
    My Missus had this done in 2003 and has had no problems at all. She went to Moorfields and I think paid close to £3K at a time when it was 750 in Boots.
    It was all over and done in 20 minutes and she could see out of her first eye before they started on the second. And she had to wear swimming goggles in bed at night for a few days.

Leave a comment:

• Stan.goodvibes
    replied
    I did mine back in '93 when it was still radial keratotomy - they just take the whole front of the cornea off with the laser whereas now they lift up a flap of cornea, laser away underneath and then put the flap back.

I had a bit of scarring but it's never been a problem. I do tend to find driving at night that things get a bit blurry at speeds over about 150mph though.

It's lasted fine these 16 years and sure it hurt like hell at the time, but you have to weigh that up with all the times I've gotten laid (by NOT being a speckoid) so you know, swings and roundabouts.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    WTF are on on about?

Try reading the original post and you might get an inkling, you pillock !!

Leave a comment:

• msubhan
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
    It might also be a trigger for what can become a chronic dry eye condition.
    I can vouch for that. I had mine done a couple of years ago -fantastic results with the best bit being able to ski without the crap oversized goggles, the only problem is that my eyes were really dry, to the point where in the morning it was painful to open them.

After about 6, one monthly appointments where I was told to carry on using eye drops they ended up fitting these little 'plugs' in my tear ducts. Since then everythings been fine.
    However on balance, it was worth it!

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Can you do corrective eye surgery with one of them condiment scoopers?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Something to do with doctors not washing their hands, I'll wager.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    It's only a temporary solution for 5-10 years, and that's if it works. Not worth it IMO.
    WTF are on on about?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Lazy eye is one thing that still defies the medical science. At least once you is all grown up.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    True. It's a well known fact that intelligent people wear glasses, and being short-sighted proves that you have ruined your eyesight by doing to much close work.
    w@nking

As my left eye doesn't really work I'm not risking my right one. Apparently when I had measles as a kid it bolloxed up my left eye so I have a permanent lazy eye to accompany my general work ethic.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    It's only a temporary solution for 5-10 years, and that's if it works. Not worth it IMO.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Considering you told me you weren't "that kind of girl", you're a bit free and generou with the old slap-paddle!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Yay my first spanking

How was it for you?

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied

I don't think so! IT is a bit of a boys club.
    Maybe, but the boys ALWAYS want a nice bit of totty around

Seems will have to further investigation on the eye thing

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    - you can make your own pot noodles sweetie!
    Good retort.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Put the kettle on love.
    - you can make your own pot noodles sweetie!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X