• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LASIK - Corrective eye surgery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Considering you told me you weren't "that kind of girl", you're a bit free and generou with the old slap-paddle!
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

It's only a temporary solution for 5-10 years, and that's if it works. Not worth it IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        True. It's a well known fact that intelligent people wear glasses, and being short-sighted proves that you have ruined your eyesight by doing to much close work.
        w@nking

As my left eye doesn't really work I'm not risking my right one. Apparently when I had measles as a kid it bolloxed up my left eye so I have a permanent lazy eye to accompany my general work ethic.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Lazy eye is one thing that still defies the medical science. At least once you is all grown up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            It's only a temporary solution for 5-10 years, and that's if it works. Not worth it IMO.
            WTF are on on about?

Comment

Something to do with doctors not washing their hands, I'll wager.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Can you do corrective eye surgery with one of them condiment scoopers?
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
                  It might also be a trigger for what can become a chronic dry eye condition.
                  I can vouch for that. I had mine done a couple of years ago -fantastic results with the best bit being able to ski without the crap oversized goggles, the only problem is that my eyes were really dry, to the point where in the morning it was painful to open them.

After about 6, one monthly appointments where I was told to carry on using eye drops they ended up fitting these little 'plugs' in my tear ducts. Since then everythings been fine.
                  However on balance, it was worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                    WTF are on on about?

Try reading the original post and you might get an inkling, you pillock !!

Comment

I did mine back in '93 when it was still radial keratotomy - they just take the whole front of the cornea off with the laser whereas now they lift up a flap of cornea, laser away underneath and then put the flap back.

I had a bit of scarring but it's never been a problem. I do tend to find driving at night that things get a bit blurry at speeds over about 150mph though.

It's lasted fine these 16 years and sure it hurt like hell at the time, but you have to weigh that up with all the times I've gotten laid (by NOT being a speckoid) so you know, swings and roundabouts.

Comment

Working...
                      X