• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: right here we go

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "right here we go"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Oh, I missed the 1/2 bag chilli powder in my last post. Still, I'd prefer fresh chilli than chilli powder or dried stuff... the chilli has to enhance the flavour as well as make the food hot.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Oh yeah right, I remember your old avatar.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    3 trips today. Had to break out the germaloids.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Oooohh! You're gonna know about that in the morning. Sounds like a lot of my curries (with the exception of the quantity of chilli powder). I tend to just make it up as I go along.

I've recently taken to making beef Madras, as a hot dry dish, practically no sauce, flavoured with chillies and cinamon. Mmmmmmmm.

You're going to freeze some!! You know what happens to curries in the fridge/freezer, don't you?
    3 trips today. Had to break out the germaloids.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    I've never understood the obsession with super hot food.

Chilli pepper tastes nice, but if it's outright too hot then you can't taste anything else at all. I like my food to taste good and raw heat isn't tasty.

I see no "manly" incentive to eat food that just hurts, if I did I'd take up munching lightbulbs which is as bloody stupid as insanely chilli hot nosh.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Scoffed the lot.

I am still on fire. Really in pain. It's excellent.
    I like a man who enjoys his food, though this does sound as though it's entering the realms of S&M

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    You big poof, should have dropped this baby in the mix: http://www.chilliworld.com/SP6.asp?p_id=63
    Only if you like your girly kormas. Real men like something with a bit more kick.

I went for a very tasty, but not too hot Biryani last night.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    You big poof, should have dropped this baby in the mix: http://www.chilliworld.com/SP6.asp?p_id=63

Had a Vindaloo from Sainsbury's last night which was tasty but not restaurant heat, no ring sting this morning though.
    If you don't have to do 3 handstands in the shower the next morning you're not trying hard enough.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

Had a Vindaloo from Sainsbury's last night which was tasty but not restaurant heat, no ring sting this morning though.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    3 bog-standard chillis doesn't sound too extreme... I thought phalls were hotter than vindaloo, perhaps that's not a 'proper' phall though.
    WHS. Try six of the aforementioned bird-eye chillies, then things get a little more interesting.

My local takeaway list Mr Naga paste in all their best dishes, which you can buy online. I've been meaning to try some.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Good man!

Best of luck in the morning!
    Will post from the eee pc, in flagranti

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Scoffed the lot.

Good man!

Best of luck in the morning!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Oooohh! You're gonna know about that in the morning. Sounds like a lot of my curries (with the exception of the quantity of chilli powder). I tend to just make it up as I go along.

I've recently taken to making beef Madras, as a hot dry dish, practically no sauce, flavoured with chillies and cinamon. Mmmmmmmm.

You're going to freeze some!! You know what happens to curries in the fridge/freezer, don't you?
    Scoffed the lot.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Sure. It's loosley the following .

some chicken sliced and diced
    some onion (fried)

spices : garam masala (around 3 desert spoons)
    ground cumin (3 teaspoons)
    chilli powder (half a large bag)
    curry powder (a pinch)
    3 dried whole chillis (found lurking at bottom of spice cupboard)

and
    one tin of chopped tomatoes

As you can tell, it's largely a made up version of a phall, and tbh I had no idea what was going to happen until I started cooking, but with my extensive curry house experience this is indeed a phall. Really looking forward to eating it. And there's enough to freeze!!!!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    3 bog-standard chillis doesn't sound too extreme... I thought phalls were hotter than vindaloo, perhaps that's not a 'proper' phall though.

Tesco do quite a good selection in fresh chillis, including bird-eye (tiny and red) and scotch-bonnet - both are very potent, and I find bird-eye chillis to be a nice flavour as well. I like hot food, but only if it actually tastes good at the same time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X