• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Swineflu deaths almost treble in a week"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Yikes.... Brazil is now ahead of my calculation of 75 at 123 confirmed up to today...
    That's nice for you.

I'm glad someone's happy.

Happy days.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    The death rate was 4 two weeks ago, then 11 last week and now 29. I see a pattern emerging.

then my guestimates at that rate:
    next week : 75
    the following week: 196
    week after that: 509
    week after that: 1325
    week after that: 3445
    week after that: 8958
    week after that: 23,292
    week after that: 60,559
    week after that: 157,455
    week after that: 409,384
    week after that: 1,064,399

so within three months we could see over a million deaths in Brazil. Normal flu ?

Yikes.... Brazil is now ahead of my calculation of 75 at 123 confirmed up to today......

http://g1.globo.com/Sites/Especiais/...NO+PARANA.html

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    5 more deaths overnight in Brazil. Now 34 !!
    I'm sorry, this is a thread for discussion of chutney spoons and pickle forks.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    The figure a week ago was 11, but latest news on Brazil is that the number is now 29.

5 more deaths overnight in Brazil. Now 34 !!

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Chutney Spoon View Post
    What you need is the correct cutlery. No harm can come to you if you lick the chutney spoon and suck the pickle fork.

Best not to try both at the same time though.
    Good advice. I'll remember that next time.

Leave a comment:

• Chutney Spoon
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Don't let the pickle near your mouth if it has chutney on, and you're probably safe.
    What you need is the correct cutlery. No harm can come to you if you lick the chutney spoon and suck the pickle fork.

Best not to try both at the same time though.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    You don't want chutney on your pickle. Don't you know it can give you swine flu?
    Don't let the pickle near your mouth if it has chutney on, and you're probably safe.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Sorry. I don't know this game.
    We all go to the shop in turn and buy something beginning with the next letter of the alphabet but we also have to buy what ever has been bought previously.

So
    I went to the co-op and bought an apple (to make some chutney)
    Next person went to the shop an bought and apple to make some churney and a bowl (B remember) to mix it in.
    Next person went to the shop and bought an apple to make some chutney, a bowl to mix it in and a chutney spoon to eat it with......
    Do you see?
    Its a test of memory. You are out if you miss something.
    Aliterations and whity references to other purchases make it more fun but are not necessary.

** I know this is the internet and we can cut and paste. Thats the point, could take this thread miles away from its starting point and fill the post/thread buffers in no time.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Personally, I am a "with bits" kinda girl

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Ferret seems to be keeping a low profile while we've been talking about chutney. For some reason.
    FFS, coffee again!!!!!

I think the mods are going to leave this here for spite.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You are supposed to say what you bought for this game to work properly.

I went to the co-op and bought an apple................ FFS
    Sorry. I don't know this game.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Where is Chutney Spoon... we should see if he's all he is cracked up to be and see if he can get a 3 day ferret banning
    Ferret seems to be keeping a low profile while we've been talking about chutney. For some reason.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    I think this could be an effective strategy. Fill every CyberTory thread with so much drivel it gets moved to Light Relief and is never seen again.
    Afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    It'd have to be Harveys Bristol Cream in it though, none of that dirty ethnic Spanish sherry.
    Proper British sherry.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    A fire in a pickle factory? How would they know?
    No, no - in the Pataks factory... I am not sure what bit... but the warehouse was damaged, so they needed to get rid of the stuff... God bless us, I was sick of eating Curry!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X