• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend trip ideas (UK)"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Why not try York? Full of history, and it's less than 2 hours from Kings Cross by train. By car it's going to be more than 3 hours though.
    Flip me, I doubt even Dick Turpin flooring it all the way up the M1 could get from London to York in 3 hours.

How about Windsor, only 20 miles from London? Loads of interesting shops (including those on Eton High Street just over the bridge), tea rooms, pubs, the river, and on sundays you can attend a service in St Georges Chapel. I think they even do guided tours round parts of the castle.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Bath is pretty & you can get there in about 2.5hrs

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    And I thought this country was full of exciting historical places to visit. What a crock! I think I'll just stay in London and never venture out again.
    You could visit Stonehenge, but it's shyte.

I'd stay in that there London. We don't want you Londoners spreading your Swine Flu around.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    And I thought this country was full of exciting historical places to visit. What a crock! I think I'll just stay in London and never venture out again.

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Or there's the Moon.
    Nah, no atmosphere.

Leave a comment:

• sweetandsour
    replied
    or this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bollocks-Alt...8351188&sr=8-1 (SFW) - honestly despite the title it is SFW.
    Last edited by sweetandsour; 23 July 2009, 12:40.

Leave a comment:

• msubhan
    replied
    have a look at this, you should be able to get it next day delivery:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Frommers-Bes...8351069&sr=8-1

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    For an adventure holiday visit croydon or brixton

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    What about Australia? Slightly out of your 2 hr drive, but lovely to visit.

Or there's the Moon.
    That's passée, dahling. Mars is the fashion now.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Barry Island.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Good god in Govan, they eat outsiders in Glasgow. I'm going to St Andrews for the weekend, leave in 30 minutes, staying in the 5 star fairmont.
    E Kilbride or Cumbernauld, shirley?

Edit: Says Mr M, who lives in ...?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    I'd rather spend a weekend in Bradford. It's got far more than 4 tourist attractions.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Why not try York? Full of history, and it's less than 2 hours from Kings Cross by train. By car it's going to be more than 3 hours though.

Leave a comment:

• sweetandsour
    replied
    If you are determined to drive then Bristol is a city I like, or Somerset if you prefer countryside (Taunton/Minehead/Exmoor).

It will take more than 2 hours to get there but not too much (depending on where in London you start from).

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by bellymonster View Post
    Lincoln is nice enough if you like a big church and a castle.
    Probably just more than 2 hours drive but easily reachable on the train in under 2 hours.
    But you must be at the cathedral by 2pm sharp for the roof tour, otherwise the old bags^D dears start without you!

Also, Lincoln Castle is only a couple of hundred yards up the road from the Cathedral and is well worth a tour. (They hold one of the few remaining copies of Magna Carta.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X