• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "State of Emergency!"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    If you receive an email from the Department of Health telling you not to eat tinned pork because of swine flu – ignore it.

It’s just spam.
    I sent that by email to all my friends.

They both emailed me back abuse.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    It's killed 82 out of 2677 cases in Argentina. That is 3%. You are yet another complacent fool.

http://momento24.com/en/2009/07/10/s...ith-82-deaths/

Several media outlets reported that two more people died Friday, identified only as young adults in the city of Rosario, increasing the unofficial total to 46. Dr. Manzur said more deaths than the 44 confirmed were being studied to see if they were caused by swine flu.

My girlfirend is from Rosario Argentina - I shall ask her what the situ is like there for BirdFlu .

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    If you receive an email from the Department of Health telling you not to eat tinned pork because of swine flu – ignore it.

It’s just spam.
    You old ham. I'll get our coats.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    It's killed 82 out of 2677 cases in Argentina. That is 3%. You are yet another complacent fool.

You're going under the assumption that every single person that gets swine flu reports it when it's evidenced that quite clearly that isn't the case.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5132090.shtml

Only Friday did Argentina's new health minister, Juan Manzur, raise the country's official death toll to 44. He now estimates that as many as 320,000 people have been stricken with influenza, including about 100,000 with swine flu _ a huge jump in what the government acknowledged previously, and an indication that Argentina's hospitals will remain overwhelmed for months.
    Seeing how you like producing spurious facts in your incessant deluge of crap, here's one for you.

The total of 23 deaths in Argentina since the outbreak began in late April does not worry experts, who point out that seasonal flu kills between 3,000 and 4,000 people a year in this country of 40 million
    Link

Looks like 2009's a good year for them then. Idiot.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    In the Long Run - we are all Dead.

With any 'crises' ask yourself - qui bonum ?

Who Profits ?

In this case - follow the money trail - who are the Directors of Tamiflu ?

Step forward Donald Rumsfield !

This man sold Saddam chemical weapons - he will do anything for a fast buck.

"There are a lot of people who lie and get away with it, and that's just a fact."

Quotation from Donald Rumsfeld
    cui bono

Apart from that, spot on. Rumsfeld was obliged to divest himself of his holdings in Gilead Sciences Inc when he became Secretary of Defense, but he refused to do so and GW Bush refused to do anything about that.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

It’s just spam.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    In the Long Run - we are all Dead.

With any 'crises' ask yourself - qui bonum ?

Who Profits ?

In this case - follow the money trail - who are the Directors of Tamiflu ?

Step forward Donald Rumsfield !

This man sold Saddam chemical weapons - he will do anything for a fast buck.

"There are a lot of people who lie and get away with it, and that's just a fact."

Quotation from Donald Rumsfeld
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 16 July 2009, 07:51.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Oh really.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/04/wo...argentina.html

How many deaths? 2% of 100,000? Or is the figure closer to 1 in every 2250.
    You're a fool if you think this will kill 1 million people in the UK.
    Fixed.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    could the government introduce a state of emergency and avoid an election?
    Oh dear.

If you've thought it, they've thought it.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I expect they would want to bum middle class computer programmers first. Jebus, what newspapers are you reading?
    Where are you getting the figure of hundreds of deaths a day? Latest projected figures are for 100,000 infections a day and if fatality rates remain consistent (1 in every 2500) that doesn't quite add up to hundreds.
    It's a hypothetical discussion for crying out loud. Have you forgotten what forum it's posted on? Sheesh, go talk on the NewsNight boards if you want to discuss true statistics

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Oh really.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    As I've said on another thread earlier this week, the death rate in Argentina is almost 2%, so at that rate I would not rule out up to 1 million deaths in the UK. A vaccine will not be ready for months, and with the football season starting next month the spread will surely escalate.
    Oh really.

Dr. Juan Manzur, the new health minister, said Friday that 44 people had died from swine flu .... Dr. Manzur said that officials now suspect that there are 100,000 cases of swine flu in the country

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    "i'm getting better... I feel fine... I think I'll go for a walk"

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    As I've said on another thread earlier this week, the death rate in Argentina is almost 2%, so at that rate I would not rule out up to 1 million deaths in the UK. A vaccine will not be ready for months, and with the football season starting next month the spread will surely escalate.
    2% of what exactly?

BTW So all those footy fans fall into the same catagory as the dirty immigrants?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Where are you getting the figure of hundreds of deaths a day? Latest projected figures are for 100,000 infections a day and if fatality rates remain consistent (1 in every 2500) that doesn't quite add up to hundreds.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X