• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: My lunch

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My lunch"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    There are tribes in Africa who bleed their cattle for food. The animals are far too valuable to slaughter and eat.

Black pudding? Love it!
    (Turns yer sh!t black eating too much though...)

Leave a comment:

• zamzummim
    replied
    No way I'd drink blood, also hate blood puding etc!!
    But I do like liver and pate

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Gosh, a genuinely interesting post!

I don't have a problem with the idea of raw meat, but I wonder if eating straight from the animal it wouldn't be a bit chewy?

Where do people stand on drinking blood?
    WHS -

Not sure I'd want to drink blood - especially now that I know the tasty stuff to dip my chips in isn't actually blood!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Gosh, a genuinely interesting post!

I don't have a problem with the idea of raw meat, but I wonder if eating straight from the animal it wouldn't be a bit chewy?

Where do people stand on drinking blood?

Leave a comment:

• zamzummim
    replied
    Its not blood, its myoglobin

There is NO blood in the meat that you buy, blood left in meat would cause it to quickly spoil- in a matter of days. The animal is completely bled as it is slaughtered. The thin reddish juice which leaks from cut red meat is a tissue fluid rich in myoglobin, an iron-containing muscle component which gives the meat its red colour. It has no connection with blood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myoglobin

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Not for me.... I don't think I could eat it at all! I'd rather be a veggie!

Carpachio with lots of lemon squeezed over it - yum!! I like my steak blue so when it bleeds I can dip my chips in it!
    It shouldn't start bleeding till it's getting to Medium Rare. Pink and bloody all the way through is good though.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

Carpachio with lots of lemon squeezed over it - yum!! I like my steak blue so when it bleeds I can dip my chips in it!
    A good steak shouldn't bleed!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by thelace View Post
    Nah, well done then cook it again...

It wants not only to be crispy on the outside, but crispy on the inside too...

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    My brother likes it like boot leather

I like mine rare, rather than blue. IF I'm gonna eat it raw then carpachio or tartar are better IMO.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Me too... Blue steak, my fave. How anyone can choose to have it 'well done' baffles me.
    My brother likes it like boot leather

I like mine rare, rather than blue. IF I'm gonna eat it raw then carpachio or tartar are better IMO.

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    Me too... Blue steak, my fave. How anyone can choose to have it 'well done' baffles me.
    Nah, well done then cook it again...

It wants not only to be crispy on the outside, but crispy on the inside too...

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
    love raw beef / fish (like sashimi)
    Love steak tarter too.

Leave a comment:

• Le Rosbif
    replied
    whenever I have fondur bourguignonne, I always eat more raw pieces of meat than cook ones! (but the meat needs to be real tender)

http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/STF...ue_~185746.jpg

Leave a comment:

• zamzummim
    replied
    love raw beef / fish (like sashimi)
    Love steak tarter too.

Leave a comment:

• Le Rosbif
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Yes indeed, but there is a world of difference between a good Steak Tartar with onions, horseradish and a few capers and chowing down on chunks of raindeer with your bare hands, straight of the carcass and washed down with the blood.
    pussy!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Le Rosbif View Post
    Well don't you like a good steak tartare now and again?

http://www.lhtcook.com/site/images/r...are%20meez.jpg
    Yes indeed, but there is a world of difference between a good Steak Tartar with onions, horseradish and a few capers and chowing down on chunks of raindeer with your bare hands, straight of the carcass and washed down with the blood.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X