• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: 7 days smoke free!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "7 days smoke free!"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by dinker View Post
    I`m smoking extra fags to make up for you. Ahh, lovely!
    You want to give up. admit it.

Leave a comment:

• dinker
    replied
    I`m smoking extra fags to make up for you. Ahh, lovely!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    No it will be psychological, "you obviously don't love us" was said earlier.

It was kind of jokey so I may be alright, she'll just keep it up for a few days to make me feel guilty. And rightly so I suppose.
    oh dear. I hate it when wimmin do that! why cant they just say what they have to say then move on?

Life would be soooo much easier!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Dare I ask how? Will it be a Max Mosley style paddling for you?
    No it will be psychological, "you obviously don't love us" was said earlier.

It was kind of jokey so I may be alright, she'll just keep it up for a few days to make me feel guilty. And rightly so I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Well I did quit... sort of... I started again when I got booted back in March, I only smoke 3 or 4 a day and I'm working again so I really should knock it on the head.

She'll punish me alright!!
    Dare I ask how? Will it be a Max Mosley style paddling for you?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Did you lie to her? I hope she kicks your nads in!!
    Well I did quit... sort of... I started again when I got booted back in March, I only smoke 3 or 4 a day and I'm working again so I really should knock it on the head.

She'll punish me alright!!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    FFS!! My 19 month old daughter just emptied my wallet all over the kitchen floor... my wife just picked up a petrol station receipt which shows 10 Marlboro lights on it.

I told the wife I quit over a year ago.
    Did you lie to her? I hope she kicks your nads in!!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    FFS!! My 19 month old daughter just emptied my wallet all over the kitchen floor... my wife just picked up a petrol station receipt which shows 10 Marlboro lights on it.

I told the wife I quit over a year ago.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by MrToast View Post
    You could start smoking. I was quite trim when I smoked.
    You can get slim as a consequence of smoking ... amputation, lung removal...?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    No 1 son his brought some "electronic cigarettes" They give you a bit of nicotine but no tar. The end even glows when you suck!

I think these things grab people different ways. I used to smoke but giving up was easy. I always tell people it's my fabulous will power but actually I just never seemed to get really addicted.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 1 July 2009, 15:30.

Leave a comment:

• MrToast
    replied
    Originally posted by SillyMilly View Post
    Well done. I've never smoked but I can imagine how difficult giving it up must be so huge admiration for people who manage it.

Now if only I could lose weight .................
    You could start smoking. I was quite trim when I smoked.

Leave a comment:

• SillyMilly
    replied
    Well done. I've never smoked but I can imagine how difficult giving it up must be so huge admiration for people who manage it.

Now if only I could lose weight .................

Leave a comment:

• MrToast
    replied
    Nice one. Keep it up. It's worth it once you're past the 3 week mark. It gets a lot easier.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    Turned 35 recently and whilst i've tried quitting a number of times in the past I realised that continuing smoking from this point on would not be a good idea.

Been 7 days since my last smoke and the days seem to alternate between really tough and really easy. Today is an easy day so far where i've not missed it but yesterday was a nightmare. Went for a ride up in the peaks and what should have been an enjoyable blast along sunny fast roads was ruined by constant cravings. Dreaded stopping for fuel as suspected I may crack and buy 10 fags but managed to give myself a mental slap whilst paying and resist.

Big thing is the physical difference after only 7 days. I can actually breathe! Was like a switch was flipped in my lungs after day 3. Been to the gym and it's a joy being able to run without wheezing after 5 mins. Also sleeping much better and not waking up with a banging head in the morning.

Still fookin' difficult though and i rue the day that i picked up that first fag 20 years ago.
    How's it going?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I'm sure that's mostly true, but there are exceptions. For example, Patrick Moore is almost 90 (I think), and he looks fairly porky, unless he just wears very baggy clothes.
    86. Yeah, Sir Patrick must like his Mars bars, Galaxies and Milky ways, as well as his interest in astronomy. It will be a sad day when he croaks it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X