• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

7 days smoke free!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 years smoke free now, the first 6 months were the worst and I fell off the wagon for 3 months before quitting again.

Going out for a beer was the hardest bit.

Now if I can just quit the Crack, Dope, Speed, Uppers and Crystal Meth I'll be sorted
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      7 years smoke free now, the first 6 months were the worst and I fell off the wagon for 3 months before quitting again.

Going out for a beer was the hardest bit.

Now if I can just quit the Crack, Dope, Speed, Uppers and Crystal Meth I'll be sorted
      LoL - take up skag, you'll never need anything else (like food, friends, furniture, etc.)

Seriousley though - is it cool after 6 month? I only ever made 3 before.
      Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
        LoL - take up skag, you'll never need anything else (like food, friends, furniture, etc.)

Seriousley though - is it cool after 6 month? I only ever made 3 before.
        By six months I could honestly say to myself I didnt want a cigarette anymore. I still get the occasional twinge if I catch a whiff of someone elses smoke but it's literally a split second of "hmm maybe" and then it's gone, and more often than not a cloud of cigarette smoke makes me cough and feel ill instead, as does the smell of cigarrettes on other people.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post

You could obviously cook with it BUT takes ages to kick in!
          Only then do you realise you've probably eaten too much.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

45 minutes now and am pacing myself until the next one in approximately 75 minutes
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              .. How often do you see obese 100 year olds? Unless you get thinner in old age and some are ex-fatties?
              I'm sure that's mostly true, but there are exceptions. For example, Patrick Moore is almost 90 (I think), and he looks fairly porky, unless he just wears very baggy clothes.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                I'm sure that's mostly true, but there are exceptions. For example, Patrick Moore is almost 90 (I think), and he looks fairly porky, unless he just wears very baggy clothes.
                86. Yeah, Sir Patrick must like his Mars bars, Galaxies and Milky ways, as well as his interest in astronomy. It will be a sad day when he croaks it.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
                  Turned 35 recently and whilst i've tried quitting a number of times in the past I realised that continuing smoking from this point on would not be a good idea.

Been 7 days since my last smoke and the days seem to alternate between really tough and really easy. Today is an easy day so far where i've not missed it but yesterday was a nightmare. Went for a ride up in the peaks and what should have been an enjoyable blast along sunny fast roads was ruined by constant cravings. Dreaded stopping for fuel as suspected I may crack and buy 10 fags but managed to give myself a mental slap whilst paying and resist.

Big thing is the physical difference after only 7 days. I can actually breathe! Was like a switch was flipped in my lungs after day 3. Been to the gym and it's a joy being able to run without wheezing after 5 mins. Also sleeping much better and not waking up with a banging head in the morning.

Still fookin' difficult though and i rue the day that i picked up that first fag 20 years ago.
                  How's it going?

Comment

Nice one. Keep it up. It's worth it once you're past the 3 week mark. It gets a lot easier.
                    King of Chutney.

Bring back Chetty - Lord of all things Chet!

Comment

Well done. I've never smoked but I can imagine how difficult giving it up must be so huge admiration for people who manage it.

Now if only I could lose weight .................

Comment

Working...
                      X