• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

7 days smoke free!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SillyMilly View Post
    Well done. I've never smoked but I can imagine how difficult giving it up must be so huge admiration for people who manage it.

Now if only I could lose weight .................
    You could start smoking. I was quite trim when I smoked.
    King of Chutney.

Bring back Chetty - Lord of all things Chet!

Comment

No 1 son his brought some "electronic cigarettes" They give you a bit of nicotine but no tar. The end even glows when you suck!

I think these things grab people different ways. I used to smoke but giving up was easy. I always tell people it's my fabulous will power but actually I just never seemed to get really addicted.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 1 July 2009, 15:30.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by MrToast View Post
        You could start smoking. I was quite trim when I smoked.
        You can get slim as a consequence of smoking ... amputation, lung removal...?

Comment

FFS!! My 19 month old daughter just emptied my wallet all over the kitchen floor... my wife just picked up a petrol station receipt which shows 10 Marlboro lights on it.

I told the wife I quit over a year ago.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            FFS!! My 19 month old daughter just emptied my wallet all over the kitchen floor... my wife just picked up a petrol station receipt which shows 10 Marlboro lights on it.

I told the wife I quit over a year ago.
            Did you lie to her? I hope she kicks your nads in!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Did you lie to her? I hope she kicks your nads in!!
              Well I did quit... sort of... I started again when I got booted back in March, I only smoke 3 or 4 a day and I'm working again so I really should knock it on the head.

She'll punish me alright!!
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Well I did quit... sort of... I started again when I got booted back in March, I only smoke 3 or 4 a day and I'm working again so I really should knock it on the head.

She'll punish me alright!!
                Dare I ask how? Will it be a Max Mosley style paddling for you?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Dare I ask how? Will it be a Max Mosley style paddling for you?
                  No it will be psychological, "you obviously don't love us" was said earlier.

It was kind of jokey so I may be alright, she'll just keep it up for a few days to make me feel guilty. And rightly so I suppose.

Comment

No it will be psychological, "you obviously don't love us" was said earlier.

It was kind of jokey so I may be alright, she'll just keep it up for a few days to make me feel guilty. And rightly so I suppose.
                    oh dear. I hate it when wimmin do that! why cant they just say what they have to say then move on?

Life would be soooo much easier!

Comment

I`m smoking extra fags to make up for you. Ahh, lovely!

Comment

Working...
                      X