• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Early warning signs of workplace violence"

Collapse

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    That has conjured up a horrible image..... SAS with his todger shoved up a shotgun barrel..... Arghhhhh!
    Eww.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I would have thought that an infertile weakling would find guns all the more attractive
    That has conjured up a horrible image..... SAS with his todger shoved up a shotgun barrel..... Arghhhhh!

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I used to know a guy who owned a handgun before they were banned, if I had to profile him I would say he wasn't the sort of person who should be allowed anywhere near such a weapon.

He had a ceramic glock with a laser site, why would anyone need a gun that can't be detected by metal detectors just for target practice at the local shooting club?
    That reminds me of the guy who went through Bristol airport recently. They took his toothpaste off him because it wasn't in a reasealable plastic bag, but didn't complain about the shotgun cartridges in his pocket....

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Not if you have no bullets or are firing blanks
    I would have thought that an infertile weakling would find guns all the more attractive

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I don't think that a fascination with guns is strange - if you have a gun you have power - and power is attractive especially to the weak who are otherwise powerless.
    Not if you have no bullets or are firing blanks

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I used to know a guy who owned a handgun before they were banned, if I had to profile him I would say he wasn't the sort of person who should be allowed anywhere near such a weapon.

He had a ceramic glock with a laser site, why would anyone need a gun that can't be detected by metal detectors just for target practice at the local shooting club?
    Because it's cool?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    problem. The only people I want having guns are the armed forces and the farming community, certainly not some delusional wink-stain who believes that he's James Bond on the weekend. Tw@.
    Well thats an entirely different issue. The point I was making is not that it's right or wrong to allow gun entusiasts to own guns but the fact that at a basic level they are no different to any other kind of enthusiast.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko View Post
    According to the course I am doing "a strange fascination for guns" is considered an early warning sign for workplace violence and therefore not tolerated.

Guns for show, Knives for a Pro

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    For the same reason some people need customised cars that can do twice the speed limit and accelerate so hard it rips you're face off. Or why some people put water cooling and fancy lighting in their PC's when all the do is surf and play solitare.

It's a geek thing. Car Geek, Computer Geek, Gun Geek. Variations on the same theme.
    problem. The only people I want having guns are the armed forces and the farming community, certainly not some delusional wank-stain who believes that he's James Bond on the weekend. Tw@.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied

For the same reason some people need customised cars that can do twice the speed limit and accelerate so hard it rips you're face off. Or why some people put water cooling and fancy lighting in their PC's when all the do is surf and play solitare.

It's a geek thing. Car Geek, Computer Geek, Gun Geek. Variations on the same theme.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Appalling.

Surely violence to animals is a more reliable sign?

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko View Post
    So now you can't even bring with you your beloved AK-47. What's next? No pictures of your children at your desk???
    Why? Are your children homicidal maniacs?
    What is the connection between "guns" and "your children".... have I missed some subtle joke?? If so please explain (preferably without the use of shouting and pointing your kids at me!)

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I don't think that a fascination with guns is strange - if you have a gun you have power - and power is attractive especially to the weak who are otherwise powerless.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    started a topic Early warning signs of workplace violence

Early warning signs of workplace violence

According to the course I am doing "a strange fascination for guns" is considered an early warning sign for workplace violence and therefore not tolerated.

So now you can't even bring with you your beloved AK-47. What's next? No pictures of your children at your desk???

Working...
X