• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bad mother!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bad mother!"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    Are you a posh bird then?
    Steady, Mellors!

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I was asked by a Scotsman where North of the Border I hailed from.

He was shocked when I said I only visit occasionally, he said that he could have sworn that he detected a lilt of an accent, as if I'd been away for many years but it was still there.
    Wot Brillo said

And while in a skiing class this year a French woman asked me if I went to a 'centre of excellence' for my accent, a Berlitz examiner had to explain the concept of RP to the group (in French - I didn't know where to start..)

I do get a fair share of comments about my accent considering I don't think I've got one...
    Are you a posh bird then?

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by SizeZero View Post

That is definitely not northern oik, but southern-shandy-drinking-poof.

Carry on.
    [S-S-D-P]
    Oh Ai saay wot thats a little harsh my man wot wot.
    Can one not enter into some banter on ones prefered internet discussion forum thingy with out being insulted by the riff-raff.
    I believe Sir that you are somewhat of a cad and a bounder! One has never in all ones life even considered drinking anything as positively proletarian as a "shandy" and one must deny most wholeheartedly that one is a poof (that episode with Sebastian in Woking was really blown out of proportion in a most disagreeable way).
    I would hope Sir that you would withdraw your remark immediatly.
    [/S-S-D-P]

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    A couple of weeks ago I was asked by a Scotsman where North of the Border I hailed from.

He was shocked when I said I only visit occasionally, he said that he could have sworn that he detected a lilt of an accent, as if I'd been away for many years but it was still there.

I couldn't hear it myself.. .
    He was tryting to chat you up!

HTH

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

I couldn't hear it myself.. .

And while in a skiing class this year a French woman asked me if I went to a 'centre of excellence' for my accent, a Berlitz examiner had to explain the concept of RP to the group (in French - I didn't know where to start..)

I do get a fair share of comments about my accent considering I don't think I've got one...
    Last edited by cojak; 15 May 2009, 07:47.

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied

[Northern Oik]
    larf!
    That is definitely not northern oik, but southern-shandy-drinking-poof.

Carry on.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Sheesh - all you northerners sound the same - except the Geordies, SA sounds funny.

And you lot down south all sound the same - except the cider people - they are REALLY funny!
    Is that a fact?

Remind me to show you the border between us and "them". It runs through the Kings arms!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Bloody heathen, it's the 4 YORKSHIREMEN, time to declare war on the rancid Lancastrians again I suppose.
    I wouldn't bother mate, you'll only f'kin lose again!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    You want to find yourself a decent woman, mate.

Damn good job you've not married her, I say.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    <yorkshire>
    Sack cloth? Luxury! When I were a nipper we had to cuddle a rock.
    </yorkshire>
    When I was seven I plucked up the courage to ask my Mum why I didn't have (and had never had) a Teddy

"Boys don't need one."

"All my friends have one."

"Harrumph."

A few days later I had a knitted Snoopy, made by my Mum.

"Consider yourself lucky. When I was a girl I asked my step mother for a dolly. I was given a wooden spoon and a rag of cloth to tie round it for a frock. That was my dolly until my step mother saw I had drawn a face on it. That got my arse rattled." Such was life in a Yorkshire mill town in the 1930s.

I cannot remember what happened to my knitted Snoopy. I think my big bruvvas took the piss, and so I rejected it.

I hated my childhood. Utterly.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    [Northern Oik]
    'kin laffin! 'kin laffin! You lucky lucky b'stard!
    wen I were a lad we never 'ad a 'kin larf!
    I 'member wen our kid tried it... 'kin dad beat 'im t' wi'in an inch a 'is 'kin life wi' a 'kin pavin' 'in stone -tha' 'kin taught 'im!
    'kin never di' tha' agin!
    [/Northern Oik]
    An' you tell tha' to kids today, an' they won' believe ya.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    both "bedtime bears" were downstairs

Bad Mother!
    You want to find yourself a decent woman, mate.

Damn good job you've not married her, I say.

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    all you northerners sound the same

And you lot down south all sound the same
    Foreigners.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Loving your work Dave, that was quality. It's been a long wait for a laugh on here, but that was just about worth it.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    hmm... the 4 zummerzetters...

Leave a comment:

• Addanc
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Bloody heathen, it's the 4 YORKSHIREMEN, time to declare war on the rancid Lancastrians again I suppose.
    Yorkshire folk, just like Lancashire folk b'out brains.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X