• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Quick Brain Teaser

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Quick Brain Teaser"

Collapse

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Hatton Garden is a good place to start, you can spend a good few hours there walking up one end and down the other, and ofc you can get customised rings if you wish.
    I did that when I was pissed one afternoon about ten years ago.

I wasted £550 on a sovereign mounted in the most hideous mounting imaginable.

Her Ladyship was not impressed.

Mind you, she kept it.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    What's more romantic for a lady though? eloping to Gretna Green or getting some nice jewelary ?

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    A kiss on the hand maybe quite continental - but DIAMONDS are a girls best friend
    You lot having fun?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    What's more romantic for a lady though? eloping to Gretna Green or getting some nice jewelary ?

A kiss on the hand maybe quite continental - but DIAMONDS are a girls best friend

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I/we have bought a lot of very nice jewelry from a lovely man in Turkey - he sends us a card every Christmas!
    All of it has been valued over here and is usually valued at around 6 or 7 times the price paid for it.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Combine that with a diamond shopping trip. USA rocks are cheaper than UK. For a different experience try Cochin in India. My small rock has been assessed in the UK at twice what I paid for it in Inja, but beware as there are as many cowboys as Indians there.
    I/we have bought a lot of very nice jewelry from a lovely man in Turkey - he sends us a card every Christmas!
    All of it has been valued over here and is usually valued at around 6 or 7 times the price paid for it.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I fancy a beach somewhere.
    Combine that with a diamond shopping trip. USA rocks are cheaper than UK. For a different experience try Cochin in India. My small rock has been assessed in the UK at twice what I paid for it in Inja, but beware as there are as many cowboys as Indians there.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    then, cable beach, broome WA.
    Watch the sun go down behind the camel train

camels

Last edited by EternalOptimist; 13 May 2009, 08:16.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    We did Sri Lanka with the Maldives a short(ish) hop away for HM.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Both about 5 secs to spot the pattern. The arithmetic I left as an exercise for people who can be arsed to use calculators. ( And once I'd spotted the second pattern, I recognized what it converged to immediately ).

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I reckon you should run away together, make a moonlit dash for the border, shake off all pursuit and get married in Gretna Green

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Yep, sorry my little hairy friend!
    I reckon you should run away together, make a moonlit dash for the border, shake off all pursuit and get married in Gretna Green

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Hatton Garden is a good place to start, you can spend a good few hours there walking up one end and down the other, and ofc you can get customised rings if you wish.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

I can tell you where to start looking, if that would help save time?

(Would a hint be too unsubtle? )
    Somehow I expected that from HAB...

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Need to drag her sister out for lunch and go ring hunting.

I can tell you where to start looking, if that would help save time?

(Would a hint be too unsubtle? )

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Nothing to be sorry for - congratulations.
    Hope you got her a decent ring
    Nope, not yet. But soon. (Need to drag her sister out for lunch and go ring hunting. I'm under orders!)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X