• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fast mail order service - blimey!"

Collapse

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    I LURVEEEEEE STATIONERY!!!!!!

I don't know why?
    Sorry Tingles, bad news.

It's 'cos your becoming an old git.

Do you own a cardigan? Any beige trousers? Like comfy slippers? Listen to Terry Wogan? Feel the need to write in and complain about things on the telly?

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied

I don't know why?
    Thank God - I thought it was just me

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Ooh - Stationery!!

<dribbles...>
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Isn't it a shame when Staples shuts at 8pm?

I don't know why?
    The stationers particularly fascinated him. He coveted the files, punches, staplers, erasers, coloured inks and gadgets whose functions remained a teasing mystery, thinking that if only he could afford to equip himself with all this apparatus his thesis would write itself: he would be automated.

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied

I don't know why?

T

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    I ordered my iPhone from the O2 website at 4pm and it arrived by courier at 8am the next day!

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Ooh - Stationery!!

<dribbles...>
    Sometimes it's like being teenage again.

I'll go out, meaning not to be late. Then I find myself in a big venue, with the muic playing, and the bright lights.

Bumping in to the people around me, and milling around, I get carried away.

Then hours later, exhausted, but exhilerated, you get thrown out onto the street with the rest of the revellers. You stagger home, feeling a bit sordid and sorry for yourself, yet at the same time smug and quite drained.

<sigh>

Isn't it a shame when Staples shuts at 8pm?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Ooh - Stationery!!

<dribbles...>

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Yesterday afternoon, about 13:00, Mrs BI placed an order with Cult Pens. Within the hour the confirmation email arrived saying "Order despatched".

The postman delivered it (1st class post) about 10 minutes ago.

From placing the order online to delivery, just over 22 hours!

I didn't know anyone still provided that level of service.

Your stories of excellent service?
    Definitely Humax Direct.

Gave me a choice of days and times, and texted me to say that the Hummy PVR was in transit, then texted me with an hours notice for delivery.

The best ever service in my view...
    Last edited by cojak; 8 May 2009, 21:29.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Crucial, getting 2GB of RAM. Ordered it at 16:30, the postman delivered it at about 09:00 the next day

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    What was really neat was the number of verification systems on the ticket. Even the Jungfraujoch inspector has a polarized eye-glass thing to check that my ticket was kosher.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I order tickets from the Swiss railway system. I paid by credit card and printed the tickets.
    Absolutely. Deutsche Bahn and SNCF also do this.

By contrast, Virgin Trains allow you to book online and get a code which will allow you to pick up your ticket from a "Fasttrack" machine in a Virgin station. Which is unhelpful if your journey starts in a non-Virgin station and you stop at the next Virgin station to find that it's rush hour and the "Fasttrack" machine is one and the same as the normal ticket machine. Oh dear.

Leave a comment:

• sal626
    replied
    Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
    Amazon Prime is brilliant. Although I do get a little 1-Click happy sometimes.

I've ordered stuff at 6pm, and got it the next morning before.
    Agreed....well worth it upgrading to prime..

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I order tickets from the Swiss railway system. I paid by credit card and printed the tickets.

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Screwfix are pretty good
    And recently recruiting IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    Yesterday afternoon, about 13:00, Mrs BI placed an order with Cult Pens. Within the hour the confirmation email arrived saying "Order despatched".

The postman delivered it (1st class post) about 10 minutes ago.

From placing the order online to delivery, just over 22 hours!

I didn't know anyone still provided that level of service.

Your stories of excellent service?
    Unusually Virgin mobile. Order placed at 8pm last night, order received at 8 am this morning.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X