• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How Married are you ?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Where is the "I want to marry andyw" option?

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Ah no - not my hubby.

But we've had 4 couples (really really close to both of us) split over the last 2 years, and at the time it was because it "just wasn't working out" etc etc, but in time we've learnt that each one of the blokes has f*kcing cheated!!

And these are all couples who've been together for like 10+ years, with kids. The kind of proper established couples who always seemed happy.
    That's the problem they weren't happy. Children RUIN relationships, they really do.

In any case why blame the bloke. If women didn't help the bloke cheat then they wouldn't

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Tits, breasts, knockers, jugs,...

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    She was too busy writing down details from two young lads. Man! they were fine! (the boobs not the guys)
    Can we really say boobs but not iamaprats?!?!?!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Probably unhappy that she's not getting enough sex from you.

Why not tell her that you are at the end of your tether, and that if she doesn't come to relate to try to sort things out, you're leaving?

Or get her sectioned.
    she's leaving

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by thelace View Post
    She had a hysterectomy 6 years ago, which mean her hormones are unballanced. I know this and make allowances. But certainly for the last 3 years, she's been filled with anger most of the time.

I can never do enough for her. I cook 2 - 3 times a week, keep on top of the washing, stack the dishwasher, often do the ironing, keeping on top of the DIY, etc, etc....

The kids can never do enough (they're teenegers for goodness sake, their rooms aren't likely to look like a showhouse). They are pretty good kids (not perfect, but who'd want them to be?), and they never bring mates home unless mummy is grumpy

I've suggested relate, but she says there's nothing wrong, she's happy....

She's stormed out of the house 3 times recently "I'm the only one who does anything in this house, nobody helps me" sort of thing. I've started thinking "well don't come back then"! This is not healthy in a marriage.

I'm currently only staying there for the kids, but I'm not sure it does them any good to see their parents arguing all the time!
    Probably unhappy that she's not getting enough sex from you.

Why not tell her that you are at the end of your tether, and that if she doesn't come to relate to try to sort things out, you're leaving?

Or get her sectioned.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Yup, 17 days in to marriage so far, but after nearly 20 years together, marriage isn't a tradition for us...it's something done for love and specialness to each other.

We got married for ourselves, on our own terms, which is why it was a very private ceremony, with no one else invited (apart from the priest and 2 witnesseses)

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    I thought exactly the same with my ex but then realised stabbing through a heart of ice is both difficult and illegal
    I'm guessing smothering her with love (or a pillow) would be illegal too?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    I think I'll give it one last stab before working on the exit route! I owe her that...
    I thought exactly the same with my ex but then realised stabbing through a heart of ice is both difficult and illegal

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied

Ah you poor thing - that sounds horrible

Is there any way you can send her away for a little while? Pay for her to go on one of those womans retreat spa camp things for a fortnight or something - maybe the whole household woudl benefit from a bit of space from each other?

And if you can suggest that you both take that 2 weeks to write a list of all the things you're not happy with too, as a starting point for when she gets back?

It's so sad when things fall apart - I'm always convinced the love doesn't go entirely.
    I hope it all works out for you x x
    Paid for her and her mate to go to London a few weeks back to see Dirty Dancing, the ultimate girly weekend... They had a great time and she was good for a few days...

Couple of weeks later took the boys away for a "boys weekend", that also gave her a break. Planning on doing that again.

I'll also suggest the list stuff and be on my best behaviour (i.e. not argue back, not even once) while we do it.

I think I'll give it one last stab before working on the exit route! I owe her that...

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    There is a fit young bird wearing a low cut dress in the high-street doing surveys here. Was I wrong to ogle?
    Dont feel guilty, You have as much freedom (to ogle) as she (to wear that).

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Rookie View Post
    Only if she saw you.
    She was too busy writing down details from two young lads. Man! they were fine! (the boobs not the guys)

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    She had a hysterectomy 6 years ago, which mean her hormones are unballanced. I know this and make allowances. But certainly for the last 3 years, she's been filled with anger most of the time.

I can never do enough for her. I cook 2 - 3 times a week, keep on top of the washing, stack the dishwasher, often do the ironing, keeping on top of the DIY, etc, etc....

The kids can never do enough (they're teenegers for goodness sake, their rooms aren't likely to look like a showhouse). They are pretty good kids (not perfect, but who'd want them to be?), and they never bring mates home unless mummy is grumpy

She's stormed out of the house 3 times recently "I'm the only one who does anything in this house, nobody helps me" sort of thing. I've started thinking "well don't come back then"! This is not healthy in a marriage.

I'm currently only staying there for the kids, but I'm not sure it does them any good to see their parents arguing all the time!
    Sounds tulip, you poor thing

Although it sounds a bit daft - but you can go to Relate by yourself. If she knows you are worried enough to want to see someone then she might get her ass in gear too.

Hope it works out.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied

I was a child in that sort of scenario. It was enough to deter me from thinking of marriage for decades. Strangely enough though, my parents are still together.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Is there any way you can send her away for a little while?
    This would of course be the ideal solution. In a wooden box.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X