• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hate mail

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hate mail"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Nuke the house from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
    I watched Aliens for the first time in years a few weeks ago. Still a great film.

Wifey has chosen teaching my daughter sniper skills.

Leave a comment:

• Rookie
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Tip off the police the dad's got three other daughters locked in the basement.
    Oooooh! That's evil! 10/10.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Ivor Bigun View Post

You could try spending more time with your child and do more "fun" things as a family. That should give her more confidence to deal with others.
    You're probably doing that already though ...
    Yes. I avoid work as much as possible, while still retaining some income.

But that does give an option I hadn't thought of. I.e. do nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Ivor Bigun
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    tbh, I feel sorry for the other girl, she has a tulip household environment, is disliked by her classmates, doesn't know how not to upset people, and is even thicker than my sprog.

...I'm still going to get that rifle. My daughter has a good view of the mailbox from her bedroom window.
    What's happening here is a side show - whoever wrote the note is a sad creature . She probably thinks she can take her frustrations out on the "class victim". Its almost a cry for help.

Don't do anything - don't tell anyone - especially your child and ignore it.

This is a "headsup" and you would do well to deal with the real problem.
    The real problem here is that you have to come up with a series of ruses that culminate in your child becoming more popular with the others in her school.
    A few sleep overs, cinema outings, days out should do wonders.

You could try spending more time with your child and do more "fun" things as a family. That should give her more confidence to deal with others.
    You're probably doing that already though - just a thought.

Don't get involved with the other child's miserable life. Try to avoid it - it can only taint your life.
    Put it this way, if all that happens is you get annoyed (cos you read the note) ; that;s got to be better than your child thinking someone is nasty enough to walk to your house and write horrible personal things.
    Chances are, the misfit will move on to somethings else and leave your child unaware of it all.
    Last edited by Ivor Bigun; 8 April 2009, 14:29.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    .... I'd spice it up a bit and say that I was concerned that the other girl needs help...
    tbh, I feel sorry for the other girl, she has a tulip household environment, is disliked by her classmates, doesn't know how not to upset people, and is even thicker than my sprog.

...I'm still going to get that rifle. My daughter has a good view of the mailbox from her bedroom window.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Change your daughters name by deed poll to Jade Goody
    I see where you've made the error there. We want less abuse, not more.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Change your daughters name by deed poll to Jade Goody

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Having a quiet word with the teacher is the best approach IMHO. That way the teacher can identify the handwriting and you eliminate the possibility of making false accusations. I'd spice it up a bit and say that I was concerned that the other girl needs help...

I think cailin maith's advice is pretty good too

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Tip off the police the dad's got three other daughters locked in the basement.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Invite her round for tea and her dad round for beers. She might start relaxing towards your daughter in an environment she feels safe in.

Once she sees that you and her dad can get on like good mates, whack a spade on his head and then make her watch while you chop him up and feed him to the pigs.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Not as big as me and my 17 year old son.
    Serious point here

Violence should be the last thing on your mind.

Right, lets go through that list in reverse order. Get round there and kick him in the brazils.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Flaming bag of dog-tulip on their doorstep.
    .. tea..screen..

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    Photocopy it a few hundred times and place it on a few lamposts with the message "Kid in search of lost discipline. Call 0906 xxx xxxx". Register the number and direct it to their home number. That should get them going for a while.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    She's slow in the sense that she's not a fast worker. Probably because she's seen how I am when I'm at work...

Some excellent advice. I particularly like the "grandad is a nazi" approach. I find a disproportionate response works very well at stopping things.

Probably we'll have a word with the teacher. He's pretty good at dealing with this type of thing.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Flaming bag of dog-tulip on their doorstep.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X