• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Our cat died

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Our cat died"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I dont think I will show that to Mrs BP!!!
    I wouldn't.
    There’s more than one way to skin a cat- our exhaustive research uncovered two.
    I feel a bit nauseous - but it helps if you think of cat as just a bunny with sharp teeth, small ears, and a bad attitude.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Of course cats should be let out. They're not pets, for heaven's sake. They need to roam, torture the local wildlife, crap on lawns etc. It's unnatural to keep them in.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    So sorry to hear this Brillo

We have 3 cats and me and the hubby would be utterly devastated if anything ever happened to any of them.

I dont mean to kick you when you're down, but I just can't understand why people let their cats out. We'd never let ours outside - anything could happen to them, and often does I would be pacing the floor until they came back!
    Mrs BP thinks cats should be let out. Do you want me to argue with her?

I know my place......

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Sorry for your loss. This might give you some closure:

http://www.ooze.com/ooze13/cats.html

I dont think I will show that to Mrs BP!!!

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by dezze View Post
    I still miss my dog...
    Keep practising. Your aim will improve eventually.

Leave a comment:

• dezze
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    oh ffs. I like cats. But they don't live for ever, and they're not people. The way you're all going on here, you'd think you were a bunch of sentimental dog lovers.
    I still miss my dog...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

This thread is making me so sad

I'm going to load my little Portia up as my avatar for a while to cheer all us cat lovers up x x x x
    oh ffs. I like cats. But they don't live for ever, and they're not people. The way you're all going on here, you'd think you were a bunch of sentimental dog lovers.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Sorry for your loss. This might give you some closure:

http://www.ooze.com/ooze13/cats.html

Leave a comment:

• kookachoo
    replied
    Can't wait to get home and say hello to my cat... even though he's in his wooden box by the front door... he was my mate, I was devistated when he had to be put down.. I'm almost having a cry at my desk

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied

I'm going to load my little Portia up as my avatar for a while to cheer all us cat lovers up x x x x
    Have you been putting your pussy in the nuclear reactor again? It appears to be luminescing.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    sympathies for your loss

my cat has run away - he occasionally comes back at about 9.00 in the evening

I think someone else is feeding him as he sometimes appears with a friend.

to be honest we have not got a cat flap and I think he got bored being either stuck in the house or locked out of the house while we were all at work.

I did lose 2 cats to the road when i was younger - was gutted for days.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    sympathies for your loss

my cat has run away - he occasionally comes back at about 9.00 in the evening

I think someone else is feeding him as he sometimes appears with a friend.

to be honest we have not got a cat flap and I think he got bored being either stuck in the house or locked out of the house while we were all at work.

I did lose 2 cats to the road when i was younger - was gutted for days.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    So sorry to hear this Brillo

We have 3 cats and me and the hubby would be utterly devastated if anything ever happened to any of them.

I dont mean to kick you when you're down, but I just can't understand why people let their cats out. We'd never let ours outside - anything could happen to them, and often does I would be pacing the floor until they came back!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Very sorry about the cat BP.

Even the most anti-social ones get under your skin more than you realise.

Maybe Mostyn need the insurance payout to pay for his Catnip habit...

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

At least it was you that was there first.

Funny thing, grief. It catches you unawares.

I saw some Whitby jet jewellery in a steam railway souvernier shop the other day. I've sort of been looking for some for my Mum for about 25 to 30 years, ever since she said she liked it. Not actively looking, just a mental Post-It note at the back of my mind.

I saw this tray of gems on the counter and instantly collapsed in floods of tears; I sobbed like a child for about five minutes and there was nothing I could do so stop it.

I'd found her jewellery five months too late.

Give Mrs BP another cuddle. Just in case.
    I have had experiences like this, where a small trigger to a memory makes you dissolve in helpless tears. I can only think that it is a safety mechanism where you don't do all your grief at once, because it would be too much, but save some of it for later.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X