• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Our cat died

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    After I graduated I moved into a luxury 'lads' flat that came with a cat and you do get attached to the little mouse killers.

Its main trick was to creep into your bed when sleeping and try to fall asleep on your head.

*expects plenty of pussy jokes at my expense*
    That's actually the cause of quite a few infant deaths.

RIP Tiddles.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Went outside to take the bin out : cat was just lying there.

At least it was you that was there first.

Mrs BP was totally distraut.

Oddly she was alot more upset than over the death of her grandmother a few weeks ago.
      Funny thing, grief. It catches you unawares.

I saw some Whitby jet jewellery in a steam railway souvernier shop the other day. I've sort of been looking for some for my Mum for about 25 to 30 years, ever since she said she liked it. Not actively looking, just a mental Post-It note at the back of my mind.

I saw this tray of gems on the counter and instantly collapsed in floods of tears; I sobbed like a child for about five minutes and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

I'd found her jewellery five months too late.

Give Mrs BP another cuddle. Just in case.
      Last edited by BrowneIssue; 30 March 2009, 09:27. Reason: A trypo that completely changed the meaning.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Difference between animals and people passing is that relations between people are a lot more complicated so the emotions are more complex (i.e. you remember the bad as well as the good) therefore grief is more intellectualised.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          Difference between animals and people passing is that relations between people are a lot more complicated so the emotions are more complex (i.e. you remember the bad as well as the good) therefore grief is more intellectualised.
          I think you meant to say e.g. instead of i.e. ?

Scooter spent most of his life hassling us for more food. He was not an overly affectionate cat (we got him at 12 weeks which is too late : kittens need handling earlier). And was quite a prolificate hunter : we got birds, mice, frogs : even got a pigeon and a squirrel. With most pets you can train them : its alot harder with cats.

But I agree with your central point : the emotions between humans are more complex.

Comment

Vet says it was hit by a car. He got hit 2 years ago : he was a very stupid cat.
            Two Part Posting:
            1) You weren't that sharp if you didn't notice for 2 years... I know they lie about a lot BUT!!

2) Sorry about the cat - really.

Comment

Cats often pretend to be very stupid - it makes it easier to control their owners.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I suddenly remembered this book I read over twenty years ago.

It's New Year's Eve in New York City. Your best friend died in September, you've been robbed twice, your girlfriend is leaving you, you've lost your job... and the only one left to talk to is the gay burglar you've got tied up in your kitchen... P.S. your cat is dead.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I think we have that book somewhere. Alas poor Scooter was cremated.

Thing you all for your kind comments. His brother mostyn does not seem quite as upset as the rest of us : I suppose they were not very close in life. In fact when Scooter was run over 2 years ago his brother attacked him!
                  Sorry to hear your sad news. I love having cats but it's awful when they go.

Mostyn will have attacked Scooter because he smelled different when he got back from the vets - the same happened with mine and he was only away from his brother for a day.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

At least it was you that was there first.

Funny thing, grief. It catches you unawares.

I saw some Whitby jet jewellery in a steam railway souvernier shop the other day. I've sort of been looking for some for my Mum for about 25 to 30 years, ever since she said she liked it. Not actively looking, just a mental Post-It note at the back of my mind.

I saw this tray of gems on the counter and instantly collapsed in floods of tears; I sobbed like a child for about five minutes and there was nothing I could do so stop it.

I'd found her jewellery five months too late.

Give Mrs BP another cuddle. Just in case.
                    I have had experiences like this, where a small trigger to a memory makes you dissolve in helpless tears. I can only think that it is a safety mechanism where you don't do all your grief at once, because it would be too much, but save some of it for later.

Comment

Very sorry about the cat BP.

Even the most anti-social ones get under your skin more than you realise.

Maybe Mostyn need the insurance payout to pay for his Catnip habit...
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X