• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Recommendations for tip-top quality keyboard"

Collapse

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    i believe it is generally accepted by most professionals that this is the worlds best keyboard currently on the market

HTH

Chef
    Very confused now! Where's the delete key?

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    another vote for Microsoft.

Leave a comment:

• s2budd
    replied
    I recommend The Keyboard Company
    The best range of keyboards that you will find and no I don't work for or own them. http://www.keyboardco.com

I like the old IBM keyboards with spring loaded keys rather than the "dead fish" type that is on the cheaper keyboards.

I bought three Cherry ones here: http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_d...sp?PRODUCT=510

and there fab !

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by TCL View Post
    If you can find one, nothing beats the old IBM PS/2 keyboards, the real proper ones. Weighed a fair bit, but built to last a lifetime and an absolute joy to type on. I used to have one in my first job and I treasured it with my life, it was the best thing since sliced bread.

They pop up on ebay from time to time. In fact, you've put me in the mood to dig one up....

EDIT: None on ebay, but this is what I'm on about

http://www.recycledgoods.com/item/7937.aspx
    I just bought one privately - it is great to type on - and great to annoythe wife with when she attempts to watch TV while I type :-)

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    i believe it is generally accepted by most professionals that this is the worlds best keyboard currently on the market

HTH

Chef

Leave a comment:

• Grinder
    replied
    To be honest another option is to pop into Staples - they always have about 20 keyboards laying out for you to try.

Originally posted by Olly View Post
    Anyone recommend a nice laptop feel keyboard please?
    Maplin do a few, but I haven't tried them.

If anyone can find a small wireless keyboard with built-in trackball let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    The MS Natural keyboards are a PITA IMO. Just can't get used to them when most of my life is spent using a regular QWERTY keyboard.

Leave a comment:

• Olly
    replied
    ok so IBM do the best long travel - I've got one - weighs a ton - is mostly metal. Who'll do me a swap for a good short travel keyboard like a laptop.

I use a laptop so much that switching to long travel keys spaced a bit further about messes me up.

Anyone recommend a nice laptop feel keyboard please?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Another vote for MS. I have a curved one - not the fully split Natural keyboard, just a gentle curve. Very nice.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Grinder View Post
    Microsoft keyboards usually pretty expensive... and good quality.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• Grinder
    replied
    Originally posted by TCL View Post
    If you can find one, nothing beats the old IBM PS/2 keyboards, the real proper ones. Weighed a fair bit, but built to last a lifetime and an absolute joy to type on. I used to have one in my first job and I treasured it with my life, it was the best thing since sliced bread.

They pop up on ebay from time to time. In fact, you've put me in the mood to dig one up....

Still loads of them at Ford Key-travel too long for me.

Leave a comment:

• TCL
    replied

Last edited by TCL; 2 March 2009, 21:21.

Leave a comment:

• Grinder
    replied
    Microsoft keyboards usually pretty expensive... and good quality.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    started a topic Recommendations for tip-top quality keyboard

Recommendations for tip-top quality keyboard

I've noticed that a couple of keys are jamming on my keyboard when I hit them obliquely, for example the left-control button with my little finger.

Unfortunately most carp el cheapo clackety keyboards with loose keys suffer this problem acutely even when new, for example with the space bar, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a more expensive one with smooth keys.

It probably isn't possible to spend more than £50 or so, if that, to get the best available. So there's no point in skimping if one uses it a lot.

I'd prefer a proper keyboard, rather than a flat plastic thing! Also I'm not interested in paying over the odds for gimmicks like wireless keyboards or weird shaped ones or those with back-lit keys etc etc, just top quality key "mechanics" for want of a better word.

I've tried several searches, but most sites only sell £10 rubbish.

Working...
X