• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Kittens

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Kittens"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    You made me cry.......
    stop, you'll get me going as well

The only thing that is stopping me is the fact that one of my cats is snoring his head off very loudly outside my office and it's making me laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by foritisme View Post
    We lost one of our cats the day before christmas eve and its the only time it's got to me. We had Henry for about 16 yrs, my wife had been on about getting a white cat for yrs and when working over in Wilmslow I saw an advert for one. I went over to see the litter and the kittens were tiny - I think they were too young to be taken from the mother. Anyway I picked henry and called on my way home.

So driving along the motorway with this little kitten in a cardboard box on the passenger seat. After a few miles he ended up on my shoulder and thats how we drove home.

He was a lovely cat, so friendly - wife dotted on him. The last few years he had heart problems and when I got home before Christmas I saw him lying on the driveway in a way I knew there was a problem.

After consoling my wife and ringing up the vet........

I drove him down in a little cardboard sat on the passenger seat
    You made me cry.......

Leave a comment:

• foritisme
    replied
    We lost one of our cats the day before christmas eve and its the only time it's got to me. We had Henry for about 16 yrs, my wife had been on about getting a white cat for yrs and when working over in Wilmslow I saw an advert for one. I went over to see the litter and the kittens were tiny - I think they were too young to be taken from the mother. Anyway I picked henry and called on my way home.

So driving along the motorway with this little kitten in a cardboard box on the passenger seat. After a few miles he ended up on my shoulder and thats how we drove home.

He was a lovely cat, so friendly - wife dotted on him. The last few years he had heart problems and when I got home before Christmas I saw him lying on the driveway in a way I knew there was a problem.

After consoling my wife and ringing up the vet........

I drove him down in a little cardboard sat on the passenger seat

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    The worst time was last summer and someone ran over one of mine right outside my house.

She was too busy texting and chatting to her friends to notice him walking across the road in front of her.

Got him cremated and scattered his ashes in the back garden, one of the other cats kindly rolled in the ashes, came in and sat on my lap afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    They were all cremated and put into little wooden boxes - along with the one who died in her sleep
    I think you'll find that's called asphyxiation.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    I've had to go through it 4 times now - Mr P is a coward and only came with me for the first one. The vet was lovely and said he'd send a bill and I was shown out very quickly to minimise my embarrassment & distress.

They were all cremated and put into little wooden boxes - along with the one who died in her sleep. We had one other also, but she dissappeared at 16, my daughter tells me she ran off to California.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    3 years later his kidneys finally packed in and I had to have him put to sleep. Was one of the very few times I've cried in front of strangers.
    I've had to have one of mine put down because of kidney failure, it didn't help that I was in reception whilst in tears, as the receptionist insisted we settle up there and then.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Have had a wide variety of cats in the past.

A Tabby who was very much in charge of the household but who would bring home strays who looked like they needed a good feed and a bit of TLC.

3 Stray ginger toms, courtesy of the above tabby, all of whom made a house brick look like a nobel prize winner, including one who regularly fell of fences.

Assorted black and white cats of assorted sex and vintage. The youngest should have been doing cat food commercials but ended up living in the stables and hunting rats and rabbits for herself. She was totally feral in the house, I still have the scars . Left to live in the stables she was the sweetest most affectionate cat I've ever had.

The eldest of these turned up one night when I came home drunk and left the back door open. I woke up in the morning with damp feet and couldn't work out why untill I saw the mangiest cat I had ever met asleep at the foot of the bed.

When I tried to shoe him out he could barely move and when I took a closer look it was clear he was in a very bad way. Starved, flea ridden and with a couple of nasty oozing wounds.

I wrapped him in a tea towel and chucked him in a cardboard box to take to the local PDSA. He didnt put up much of a fight. When they saw him they cleaned him up and checked him out. Turned out that as well as the injuries and starvation he had a dodgy heart. They gave him a shot of antibiotics and vitamins and basically told me he was on his last legs and at least his last week or so would be comfortable if I was happy to take him in. I went home with enough antibitocs and pills for his heart to see him through to what we thought would be the end.

3 years later his kidneys finally packed in and I had to have him put to sleep. Was one of the very few times I've cried in front of strangers.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Pogle? POOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGLLLLLLLEEEEEEE?

OMFG
    No Piggies will be harmed - They are both twice the size of 8-week old kittens anyway and could give them a nasty nibble if they wanted (or if they thought the kittens were a type of carrot, or hay or a lump of wood...)

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Every time my agent calls I nearly have kittens.
    Last edited by gingerjedi; 2 February 2009, 14:37.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Kitty Cats

They do what they want.
    They rarely listen to you.
    They’re totally unpredictable.
    When you want to play, they want to be alone.
    When you want to be alone, they want to play.
    They expect you to cater to their every whim.
    They’re moody.
    They leave hair everywhere.

They’re tiny women in little fur coats.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    We have one. It is evil.

I have suggested that it may enjoy a swim in a bag with a brick, but this suggestion was not welcomed.
    Be careful you may wake up and find the cat has bagged you and is taking you to the local river.

You could be "swimming with the shopping trolleys"

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    you love em really.
    We have one. It is evil.

I have suggested that it may enjoy a swim in a bag with a brick, but this suggestion was not welcomed.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Worms, Cat HIV, and pure, unadulterated contempt.
    you love em really.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Worms, Cat HIV, and pure, unadulterated contempt.
    It’s the last bit that’s most amusing. Particularly when a 17 year old moggy with kidney failure, wonky hind legs, dodgy eyesight and a floppy ear shows his pure, unadulterated contempt for a large ill-disciplined dog.

The cat won.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X