• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Eee.. when I were a lad"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    "You're an Ugly Mother****er"... one of my favourite lines
    A classic line indeed.

However, it was used in AvP, IIRC, and doesn't that just get your goat, when they reuse a catchphrase in a subsequent movie of the same franchise, to elicit a few laughs ?

It's so cheesy, it's Mature Farmhouse Cheddar.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Last time I cooked trotters I made a pigs ear of it
    You can't make a silk purse out of one of those either.

I'll get me coat
    Already got mine on.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Glad someone knows their movies...no one else was clever enough to get the reference.

And yes, mud is a well known protective layer against laser sights locking on to you. Worked for Arnie, didn't it ?
    I thought that was to disguise his infra-red signature...

DaveB pipped me at the post on this one.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Glad someone knows their movies...no one else was clever enough to get the reference.

And yes, mud is a well known protective layer against laser sights locking on to you. Worked for Arnie, didn't it ?
    Actually it was a defence against the IR vision used by the Predator since it didnt appear to be able to see in the human visible spectrum. The target designator tracked the aliens vision rather than being an independant targetting system so what it looked at was what it shot at.

IGMC.

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Some women prepare them boiled.
    Mum cooked them (the rabbits) in a pie

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    My mum use to cook Pigs Trotters - Yuk

I use to bring Rabbits back which we use to shot on a local farm when I was about 14 she use to cook them for heself and dad - could never bring myself to eat them myself.
    Some women prepare them boiled.

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    My mum use to cook Pigs Trotters - Yuk

I use to bring Rabbits back which we use to shot on a local farm when I was about 14 she use to cook them for heself and dad - could never bring myself to eat them myself.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    I thank you sir

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Last time I cooked trotters I made a pigs ear of it

I'll get me coat

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Hungarian Pörkölt is a great recipe, especially if you use pig's trotters. It's a stew with lots of paprika, onions, herbs and vegetables. Beautiful rich red sauce and lovely with plenty of sour cream.

We often get trotters from our butcher for free as most people make the sign of the cross whenever they see something that's not hermetically sealed in a polystyrene tray.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    You can still get it. Saw some the other day but can't remember where. Never tried eating it but it looks really pretty.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Is the only defence against that to cover yourself completely in mud?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Does anyone remember having Brawn?

When I were a little 'un , mother used to put a slice of Brawn on our chips, it would melt within a minute , it must have had a high fatty content.
    I wonder if I would still eat it now ?

Yes I remember Braun,can't remember seeing it since the 1980s though. If I want Offal today I go to McDonalds

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    It's the little red dots that should concern you.

Especially 3 in a triangle pattern
    Is the only defence against that to cover yourself completely in mud?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Did it make your piss turn red?
    I eat a lot of beetroot and even though I’ve heard this tale from lots of people I’ve never pissed red. Maybe I have some special enzyme in my gut that breaks down red dyes. Maybe it’s just an urban myth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X