• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Which radio station do you listen to most?"

Collapse

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Well recalled, my FaQQing friend.
    North Utsera, South Ustera, Tyne, Dogger, German Byte and all that.
    Sailing by................

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    R2 on FM, XFM when I have DAB at hand... why isn't called XDAB?
    XFM London 104.9, also available on DAB, Sky, Virgin and online.

It's a bit too complicated to change the name depending on how you listen to it

If you're ever walking along Charing Cross Road over the way from the Capital Radio building of an evening, look up - that small desk lamp you can see in the fourth floor window is the light in the XFM London studio. The DJs seem to like it dark in there

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I can't listen to the banality of Radio 1 especially as Chris Moyles is on it, but then I am outside of its demographic

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    When working from home I just have Radio 1 on in the background. Depending upon where I'm working in Germany I'll have the 3rd programme on, i.e. hr3 or swr3, at least in the car. Sometimes I'll switch over to AFN (American Forces Network) and when I'm further up north of Germany I'll always have BFBS1 (British Forces Broadcasting Station) on.

A damn good radio station is WFMU, can't rate it enough but a bit too much for all day listening.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Linky

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    The Shipping Forecast, shurely?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Radio 2, apart from when Sarah Kennedy or Steve Wright are on.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Today Programme, R4
    R6 and Absolute for music.
    Capital and LBC for amusement.
    The Shipping Forecast, shurely?

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Radio 4 for the Today Program, alternating with Wogan on 2 or the local stations breakfast show when I find myself fighting the urge to scream at the radio due to idiot politicians being interviewed. Alternate between 4 and 2 again on the way home as long as it is after 5pm and I dont have to listen to that twat Steve Right.
    Twat Chris Evans

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Radio 4 for the Today Program, alternating with Wogan on 2 or the local stations breakfast show when I find myself fighting the urge to scream at the radio due to idiot politicians being interviewed. Alternate between 4 and 2 again on the way home as long as it is after 5pm and I dont have to listen to that twat Steve Right.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Done, will get Hubby to do it too
    Last edited by Pogle; 7 January 2009, 16:19. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Radio 4 and 5

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Radio 6 - 'cept for George Lamb - he's a bit of a tw@
    really like the breakfast show and Adam and Joe are very funny on Saturdays.
    http://www.getlambout.org.uk/

sign please

Leave a comment:

• Ken Dodd
    replied
    sorry - been busy - see earlier posts...

My dad - Ken Dodd's dad - his dog is dead?

The best one is:

You: Ken Dodd died last night.
    Woman: Did he?
    You: No Doddy...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Pretty much only Radio 1. Like Chris Moyles because he plays hardly any music, and Colin Murray because he plays lots of Music. Use iPlayer a lot to listen to evening or early morning shows during the day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X