• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Getting close to the edge……"

Collapse

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Don't push me 'cuz I'm close to the edge
    I'm trying not to lose my head
    Uh huh ha ha ha
    It's like a jungle sometimes
    It makes me wonder how I keep from goin' under

Wise words, wise words.
    Ah yes, Grandmaster Flash, The Message. I could well believe that the area Wilmslow inhabits is very similar to that described in the lyrics.

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    I managed to get so close to the edge that I got his autograph
    Have you got it on yet?

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    I managed to get so close to the edge that I got his autograph

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Are we there yet?

Can I drive?

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    for a second i thought you are very close to your first orgasm. flip.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    A seasoned Witch can hold you from
    The Depths of your Disgrace

And Re-arrange your Liver
    On the Solid Mental Plane

Close to the Edge
    Down by the River

Seasons Will Pass you By

I get up
    I get down

Close to the Edge
    Down by the River

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I think Jessica turned out ok in the end.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Wilmslow has job lost his job . He is depressed by this and convinced that he is a failure so Betty suggests that he goes to see a psychiatrist. As part of the session with the psychiatrist, Wilmslow relates how he first met Betty at a riding school where he had been tossed from his horse into a pond. Wilmslow and Betty's first proper date didn't go too well either; with Wilmslow becoming trapped in the mechanism at a bowling alley before managing to tear the letter-box off his front door in an attempt to sneak Betty indoors without his aunt hearing.

Betty's mother's first meeting with Wilmslow was also unsuccessful, with her mistaking him for a repair-man for her cooker. After demolishing the cooker, Wilmslow managed to fall down her stairs, taking the carpet and banisters with him. These unhappy stories make the psychiatrist convinced that Wilmslow really is a failure and that he can't offer any help. His initial beliefs confirmed, WIlmslow leaves the surgery a happy man and is oblivious to warning shouts from a workman across the street. Seconds later he is buried under tons of gravel being dumped from the back of a lorry.
    I hope that the relationship was not consummated? The possibility of offspring is just too horrific......

Though I think Wilmslow will be lucky to ever find a gf. Unless she is the type with a valve for a navel....

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Wilmslow has job lost his job . He is depressed by this and convinced that he is a failure so Betty suggests that he goes to see a psychiatrist. As part of the session with the psychiatrist, Wilmslow relates how he first met Betty at a riding school where he had been tossed from his horse into a pond. Wilmslow and Betty's first proper date didn't go too well either; with Wilmslow becoming trapped in the mechanism at a bowling alley before managing to tear the letter-box off his front door in an attempt to sneak Betty indoors without his aunt hearing.

Betty's mother's first meeting with Wilmslow was also unsuccessful, with her mistaking him for a repair-man for her cooker. After demolishing the cooker, Wilmslow managed to fall down her stairs, taking the carpet and banisters with him. These unhappy stories make the psychiatrist convinced that Wilmslow really is a failure and that he can't offer any help. His initial beliefs confirmed, WIlmslow leaves the surgery a happy man and is oblivious to warning shouts from a workman across the street. Seconds later he is buried under tons of gravel being dumped from the back of a lorry.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    which episode of Some Mother's do 'ave 'em are we up to now?

Priceless.

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Getting close to the edge……
    Who wants to push this sockpuppet?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Getting close to the edge…… ….
    Well, don't jump..

...until I've got my video camera ready.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Close to the edge, down by the river
    Close to the end, round by the corner
    seasons will pass me by

Leave a comment:

Working...
X