• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "US Election Results"

Collapse

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    so what do you think of that then?
    I'm for it. He seems sensible with a good team. Whenever I heard Mcain he just seemed to be going on about fighting.
    You know who Obama really reminds me of ? Saint Tony of Blair, circa 1997. Let's hope he does a better job.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Crusoe101 View Post
    Good for him, Lets give him a chance........

Give him 3 months and they will be at war with outer mongolia for some obscure reason
    To take the voters minds off the impending depression?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Crusoe101 View Post

Give him 3 months and they will be at war with outer mongolia for some obscure reason
    I don't see him as a warmongerer at all. I thought part of his popularity was based on his desire to improve the rest of the worlds perception of USA. Unless I have completely missed your point?

Leave a comment:

• Crusoe101
    replied
    Good for him, Lets give him a chance........

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    <placeholder for "woohooo Obama won, so what do u think of that then?" >
    So, a placeholder is actually being used..

so what do you think of that then?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Same here really, maybe even worse - the "ruling party" that forms Govt does not need to get 50% of the vote.
    But things get tricky in this case, plus they still have the MOST seats, just not a clear majority.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    I still find it hilarious that the majority of the people can vote for one guy, and the other guy becomes president anyway.

And these people have the nerve to "export democracy"
    That can happen in the UK as well

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Huuuge turnout in Virgina.

30-40% of all registered voters cast their vote by 10am!!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    I still find it hilarious that the majority of the people can vote for one guy, and the other guy becomes president anyway.
    Same here really, maybe even worse - the "ruling party" that forms Govt does not need to get 50% of the vote.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Saw on TV last night, "We don't vote for baby-killers in our family".
    , we prefer to send the adults to die abroad.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Would anyone on here vote for McCain (apart from Bagpuss of course)?

Whenever I've seen an American citizen asked why they're voting for McCain the only reason they can come up with is "Obama is a terrorist" or ''Obama is a Muslim".
    Apparently that's a good enough reason for many. However, perhaps people just think it's more acceptable to say 'Muslim' than 'Coon'. I think perhaps we should export some of our overly-PC-ness to the USA, who could maybe do with a bit more of it (and we would be well off with a bit less).

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Whenever I've seen an American citizen asked why they're voting for McCain the only reason they can come up with is "Obama is a terrorist" or ''Obama is a Muslim".
    Saw on TV last night, "We don't vote for baby-killers in our family".

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Would anyone on here vote for McCain (apart from Bagpuss of course)?

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    do you have a source or a recent poll that says McCain is currently in the lead?
    ...because the republicans are experts and well practiced at vote rigging?

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    BBC's US Election polltracker:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/629/629/7360265.stm

You can select to display four different opinion polls (Gallup, Rasmussen, Washington Post, Ipsos).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X