• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

US Election Results

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    The winner needs 270 out of the 538 votes.

McCain will win easily, unless there really is a big swing.
    do you have a source or a recent poll that says McCain is currently in the lead?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      do you have a source or a recent poll that says McCain is currently in the lead?
      A week of 'recounts' then McCain get's in by a nose.

You read it here first.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

BBC's US Election polltracker:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/629/629/7360265.stm

You can select to display four different opinion polls (Gallup, Rasmussen, Washington Post, Ipsos).
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          ...because the republicans are experts and well practiced at vote rigging?
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Would anyone on here vote for McCain (apart from Bagpuss of course)?

Whenever I've seen an American citizen asked why they're voting for McCain the only reason they can come up with is "Obama is a terrorist" or ''Obama is a Muslim".
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              Whenever I've seen an American citizen asked why they're voting for McCain the only reason they can come up with is "Obama is a terrorist" or ''Obama is a Muslim".
              Saw on TV last night, "We don't vote for baby-killers in our family".
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                Would anyone on here vote for McCain (apart from Bagpuss of course)?

Apparently that's a good enough reason for many. However, perhaps people just think it's more acceptable to say 'Muslim' than 'Coon'. I think perhaps we should export some of our overly-PC-ness to the USA, who could maybe do with a bit more of it (and we would be well off with a bit less).
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Saw on TV last night, "We don't vote for baby-killers in our family".
                  , we prefer to send the adults to die abroad.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                    I still find it hilarious that the majority of the people can vote for one guy, and the other guy becomes president anyway.
                    Same here really, maybe even worse - the "ruling party" that forms Govt does not need to get 50% of the vote.

Comment

Huuuge turnout in Virgina.

30-40% of all registered voters cast their vote by 10am!!

Comment

Working...
                      X