• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Malvolio has left the Garden"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    As with all phases, I'm sure that this too will pass (quite spectacularly in some areas I suspect... )

I think that CUK will become quite entertaining over the next week or so...
    Are you saying it is not entertaing now?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I'm a member but I haven't been into the forums regularly for oh, about a year...
    You aren't missing much! Though I like the Chairman's blog : thoroughly entertaining and informative.

It came about as the Chairman post a few posts on forum and kept getting interrupted by stupid comments! Some bright spark suggested a blog where he can get his say!

Though the forum is still alot better than the real lounge........

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    I am not sure that I have felt totally comfortable in the "lets be nice to everyone, lets hold hands, noone can fail, GCSE educated" world that this forum seems to have become (along with the rest of the country), and I for one would be quite happy to see a few people getting some kicks up the backside to prompt them to get their act together.

Then again, I am in that transition period between "young turk" and "grumpy old git" so I realise that my views are rapidly becoming irrelevant to the wider world.
    As with all phases, I'm sure that this too will pass (quite spectacularly in some areas I suspect... )

I think that CUK will become quite entertaining over the next week or so...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    POB!! How dare you, sir? I demand a retraction.

You guys had better shape up, I may soon return to haunt you...
    I retract. I'm sorry I said you have the brains, charisma and charm of pob. I take it back. You haven't.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I think I can safely say that most of us here have a memory like a sieve when it comes to remembering out who said what.

If someone admitted being a cannibal with a particular taste for tender young roasted kids, and had scoffed dozens, I wouldn't recall who it was two days later.

So please, if some weirdo with a photographic memory happens to recollect anything this guy Malvolio has said in the past, and why he might feel the need to bow out with such a fanfare, do enlighten us.
    I have found the opposite - the ability of some on here to retain the smallest details points to asperger's syndrome being more common than generally realised.

Malvolio, or rather the person behind him, or rather the person behind the character on this forum - not William Shakespeare obviously, took a position in a particular contractor organisation which was not really compatible with appearing on here "in character".

They are no longer in that position with the other organisation so there is no reason for them not to resume the Malvolio persona here.

I believe he has upset the BN66 affected people, but as far as I can see that has been by asking them if they have thought through what will happen if they don't win, the very idea of which has put some people's backs up.

I am not sure that I have felt totally comfortable in the "lets be nice to everyone, lets hold hands, noone can fail, GCSE educated" world that this forum seems to have become (along with the rest of the country), and I for one would be quite happy to see a few people getting some kicks up the backside to prompt them to get their act together.

Then again, I am in that transition period between "young turk" and "grumpy old git" so I realise that my views are rapidly becoming irrelevant to the wider world.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 21 May 2009, 01:57. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I think I can safely say that most of us here have a memory like a sieve when it comes to remembering out who said what.

If someone admitted being a cannibal with a particular taste for tender young roasted kids, and had scoffed dozens, I wouldn't recall who it was two days later.

So please, if some weirdo with a photographic memory happens to recollect anything this guy Malvolio has said in the past, and why he might feel the need to bow out with such a fanfare, do enlighten us.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Yes. Not suprising consiering how annoying he is on the forum over there. Worse than here if that is possible.
    I'm a member but I haven't been into the forums regularly for oh, about a year...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Why - have they kicked you out?

(Hiya Mal, btw! )
    Yes. Not suprising consiering how annoying he is on the forum over there. Worse than here if that is possible.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I'd get a substitute in to do the hauting, perhaps Banquo ?
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 20 May 2009, 18:49.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Hello chap!

Bring on the haunting!

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Why - have they kicked you out?

(Hiya Mal, btw! )

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    aha! his real name is PoB. Of course, the people there still think the plural of forum is "fora".
    As the last post was two years ago, how can you tell what they think now?

tim

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    aha! his real name is PoB. Of course, the people there still think the plural of forum is "fora".

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    He certainly used to push the PCG agenda.

There is a list of directors, management team and consultative councel on the website so maybe he is now on one of those? But none of them are called Malvolio.....
    He's been on the CC for a while...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X