• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Harry Potter Must Die"

Collapse

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Could you provide more tantalising hints about where to look?
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    WHS
    Google the title along with the word "torrent".

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I can't believe you of all people still bother with hard-copy books when one can download practically any book online if you know where to look. I have 120,000 books on my PC now

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    ... If she 'just' had bestsellers rather than becoming a billionaire I doubt people would be out to criticise. ...
    That's probably true - she gets more criticism as a response to the over-idolisation. It doesn't mean that the criticism isn't valid.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Bleedin wife is rolling around on the floor laughing every time the post is delivered
    That must be the power and gas bills...

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    She won't respond to my daily letters and photos of me naked.
    That's because they've been coming to my house

Bleedin wife is rolling around on the floor laughing every time the post is delivered

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Not when what they're reading is mediocre, and they progress no further because they think what they're reading is literature.
    I've been an avid reader all my life and her stuff isn't bad enough to start complaining about, esspecially when we consider it's for children. Well OK, the first two books are really simple but buy the 4th one it is a reasonable standard of writing. If she 'just' had bestsellers rather than becoming a billionaire I doubt people would be out to criticise. It's just the whole "anything popular is crap" tirade we get from elitists in music, art, literature, ...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    She just happened to also give to Labour.
    That's treason surely?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I am not bitter or spiteful (not towards her - spiteful towards Nu Liebour - yes). It's her money indeed and in my view she earned it (unlike city speculators). Sure she can give them to whoever she wants including Labour Party - the point is that her action does not make sense
    Oh no, someone doing something that doesn't make sense. That's worth reporting.
    She could have given it to charities that deal with the problem directly. Her money will be spent not on children but on Labour advertising during their next election that they will lose regardless who is running Labour party.
    As I linked, she does give money to several organisations & charities. She just happened to also give to Labour.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    This would seem out of character though I don't really know her well.
    She won't respond to my daily letters and photos of me naked.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Anything that gets kids reading books is great...
    Not when what they're reading is mediocre, and they progress no further because they think what they're reading is literature.

Not really. She's a typical bleeding heart liberal. What's she really craves is attention.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Obviously she wants a gong, or even a peerage

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Obviously she wants a gong, or even a peerage, and a place on some childcare quango (not that she needs the money). Or who knows, perhaps she hopes to be selected as a candidate for Parliament.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It's just spiteful/bitter to complain about how the rich 'should' give their money away.
    I am not bitter or spiteful (not towards her - spiteful towards Nu Liebour - yes). It's her money indeed and in my view she earned it (unlike city speculators). Sure she can give them to whoever she wants including Labour Party - the point is that her action does not make sense and she could have given it to charities that deal with the problem directly. Her money will be spent not on children but on Labour advertising during their next election that they will lose regardless who is running Labour party.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    She can support anyone she wants. Apparently she is concerned about children and all that - if so why she gives money to political party that will 99% lose next election (and thus be unable to fulfil any promises they gave her) instread of giving it to party that can win or just giving to childrens charity that can start helping children right now, not some time in the future?

It's a political stunt - she supports personal "friend" Brown Clown.

She is more wealthy then Her Majesty, if she really supported children she could have given a lot more money very easily - just share some of the interest her bank account pays.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._K._Rowling#Philanthropy

£1m is pocket change to her. She gives more than that to what you would consider better causes.
    Again, it's her damn money, if she thinks labour are a better choice she can support them. It's just spiteful/bitter to complain about how the rich 'should' give their money away.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X