• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I don't really like Russell Brand"

Collapse

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Simply to make the observation that "America is not ready for a black president", would not, IMO make anyone a 'racist'. To paraphrase DA; he's just throwing the accusation 'racist' in to an otherwise ill thought out diatribe, in order to appear politically correct.
    Done purely for shock value (and it worked) at a stupid awards show.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    "Some people, I think they're called racists, say America is not ready for a black president," he said.
    Simply to make the observation that "America is not ready for a black president", would not, IMO make anyone a 'racist'. To paraphrase DA; he's just throwing the accusation 'racist' in to an otherwise ill thought out diatribe, in order to appear politically correct.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Before his performance I quite liked him, but I thought his diatribe against Bush was pretty disgusting. Fine if he had made it here, but to effectively tell the Americans on their home soil that they are incapable of making good decisions is arrogant and rude.

Furthermore like all cowards who are incapable of holding their ground on the basis of their own argument or wit he played the race card. I am not sure the Americans want to elect obama on the basis that he is Black and i am not sure Obama himself wants to be endorsed in this way.

Brands crude simplistic summarisation of US politics was truly patronising. It would not be unreasonable for Americans to now view the British in his light.
    What DA said

(Except for the "quite liked him" bit at the start... I've always thought he's a twunt.)

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    He's still remains at second of my sheetlist to Chris Moyles

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I think his on screen persona is a bit OTT, but his humour is first rate.

I suspect his monologue wasn't all his own work.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Some people take comedians (And themselves too seriously I'm thinking).

He was funny, and a bit outrageous - in a very MTV/Disney sickening kinda environment. That's what comedians should do - be outrageous and shock. From reading US boards his performance was loved as much as hated, but the hated all seem a bit uptight to me personally

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Before his performance I quite liked him, but I thought his diatribe against Bush was pretty disgusting. Fine if he had made it here, but to effectively tell the Americans on their home soil that they are incapable of making good decisions is arrogant and rude.

Furthermore like all cowards who are incapable of holding their ground on the basis of their own argument or wit he played the race card. I am not sure the Americans want to elect obama on the basis that he is Black and i am not sure Obama himself wants to be endorsed in this way.

Brands crude simplistic summarisation of US politics was truly patronising. It would not be unreasonable for Americans to now view the British in his light.

Can't believe am doing this for one of DA's posts - but here it goes ...

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied

Hear Hear!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Havnt actually watched it cos client co. blocks streaming media. In this case I think I'm probably glad for that
    Be gratefull. It was extremely painful and embarrassing to watch. He struggled, he showed little (No) talent, and I think , made just about everybody feel uncomfortable (including myself)

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I actually managed to watch (endure) about half of that clip.

The man's a total tw@

I hope that nobody takes him as representative of British comedy (or manhood)

Havnt actually watched it cos client co. blocks streaming media. In this case I think I'm probably glad for that

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I actually managed to watch (endure) about half of that clip.

The man's a total tw@

I hope that nobody takes him as representative of British comedy (or manhood)

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    BBC has clips up now as well

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7603507.stm

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    http://www.postchronicle.com/news/or...12170191.shtml

Scroll to the bottom for video.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    Can someone post the youtube clip? Its the butler's day off and I cant be arsed to find it myself.
    It's been removed from youtube due to violations.

Sounds about right

Leave a comment:

Working...
X