• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I don't really like Russell Brand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/or...12170191.shtml

Scroll to the bottom for video.
    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

BBC has clips up now as well

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7603507.stm
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I actually managed to watch (endure) about half of that clip.

The man's a total tw@

I hope that nobody takes him as representative of British comedy (or manhood)
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          I actually managed to watch (endure) about half of that clip.

The man's a total tw@

I hope that nobody takes him as representative of British comedy (or manhood)

Havnt actually watched it cos client co. blocks streaming media. In this case I think I'm probably glad for that
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Havnt actually watched it cos client co. blocks streaming media. In this case I think I'm probably glad for that
            Be gratefull. It was extremely painful and embarrassing to watch. He struggled, he showed little (No) talent, and I think , made just about everybody feel uncomfortable (including myself)

Comment

Before his performance I quite liked him, but I thought his diatribe against Bush was pretty disgusting. Fine if he had made it here, but to effectively tell the Americans on their home soil that they are incapable of making good decisions is arrogant and rude.

Furthermore like all cowards who are incapable of holding their ground on the basis of their own argument or wit he played the race card. I am not sure the Americans want to elect obama on the basis that he is Black and i am not sure Obama himself wants to be endorsed in this way.

Brands crude simplistic summarisation of US politics was truly patronising. It would not be unreasonable for Americans to now view the British in his light.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Before his performance I quite liked him, but I thought his diatribe against Bush was pretty disgusting. Fine if he had made it here, but to effectively tell the Americans on their home soil that they are incapable of making good decisions is arrogant and rude.

Furthermore like all cowards who are incapable of holding their ground on the basis of their own argument or wit he played the race card. I am not sure the Americans want to elect obama on the basis that he is Black and i am not sure Obama himself wants to be endorsed in this way.

Brands crude simplistic summarisation of US politics was truly patronising. It would not be unreasonable for Americans to now view the British in his light.
                Hear Hear!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

Can't believe am doing this for one of DA's posts - but here it goes ...

Comment

Some people take comedians (And themselves too seriously I'm thinking).

He was funny, and a bit outrageous - in a very MTV/Disney sickening kinda environment. That's what comedians should do - be outrageous and shock. From reading US boards his performance was loved as much as hated, but the hated all seem a bit uptight to me personally
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I think his on screen persona is a bit OTT, but his humour is first rate.

I suspect his monologue wasn't all his own work.
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X