• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Question for all you McCann accusers"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Also in her police interview, she answered no comment to 47 out of 48 questions.
    That, in and of itself to my mind, is suspicious to say the least.

She didn't exactly do herself any favours concerning this specific episode of questioning, did she ?

It's little things like the above that make you think, "Hmmm".

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    If the Dutch shopkeeper's right, then Maddie's now probably learning trapeze and basic clown skills.
    You're implying there's an advanced way to pour whitewash over people and fall over?

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Very unlike the Daily Mail to miss out question 49:

How much is your house worth now ?

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Something doesn't add up about it. Like a previous poster said, she goes into the room and finds Maddie missing, she goes running out of the room all the way back to the Tapas and bursts in screaming she's been abducted. What about the Twins? She just left them there, why not bang on the neighbours doors? Scream from the window? Also in her police interview, she answered no comment to 47 out of 48 questions. These questions weren't even loaded example:

Did you search inside the bedroom wardrobe?

No comment
    I'm sorry, but why not answer the questions, you're meant to be helping the police.

Then there is the police cadaver dog that marked the scent on Kates clothes and in the back of the car.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    I may have missed this, but have they looked under the bed?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    You are a sick f#ck and I hope they ban you; you obnoxious heartless pr!ck
    If the Dutch shopkeeper's right, then Maddie's now probably learning trapeze and basic clown skills.
    Last edited by Bob Dalek; 7 August 2008, 12:13.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Wot Diver Said

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    I am still very suspicious of the parents. I believe some of the girl's DNA was allegedly found in the boot of their hire car.
    FFS, that's one of the claims of "evidence" made by the Portuguese police that turned out to be complete garbage... which is what this thread is all about.

A review of the Portuguese police documents shows that, although they told the Press that evidence of the girl's DNA had been found in the boot, the forensic scientist's report had actually stated that there was no conclusive proof of her DNA being present there at all. The relevant sample showed 15 out of 19 alleles in common (if I'm interpreting the report correctly) but that wouldn't even be enough to prove paternity of her with absolute certainty, let alone identity with her.

Hint: when it turns out that all the things you'd previously been told were untrue, simply clinging to all the things you'd previously been told is not good grounds for believing anything.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    She's been killed and eaten by now. Nothing left but well-gnawed bones.

Too soon?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    She's been killed and eaten by now. Nothing left but well-gnawed bones.

Too soon?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Paediatrics is a medical speciality for a reason.

The majority of medicines state that you can't give them to kids and if the medicine is allowed to be given to a kid the dose depends on the child's body weight.

So if they did dose the kid with sleeping pills then they would have very likely to kill her. If you want a kid to sleep give them calpol, something that contains alcohol or add a little alcohol to their night time milk. This has been going on for centuries.....

Absolutely correct. The wrong dosage would very likely have killed a four year old. I am still very suspicious of the parents. I believe some of the girl's DNA was allegedly found in the boot of their hire car.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    I guess the theory does depend on dosage, and how much leeway for error there could be under such circumstances.
    Paediatrics is a medical speciality for a reason.

The majority of medicines state that you can't give them to kids and if the medicine is allowed to be given to a kid the dose depends on the child's body weight.

So if they did dose the kid with sleeping pills then they would have very likely to kill her. If you want a kid to sleep give them calpol, something that contains alcohol or add a little alcohol to their night time milk. This has been going on for centuries.....

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    I was wishing that they would STFU about this within a few weeks of it happening.

I have no idea what happened, I just hope the child is ok.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Are any of you feeling ashamed of yourselves now that the evidence of the sheer absolute incompetency of the Portuguese police handling the case, and lack of evidence they had for accusing the McCann's, is now starting to come out?
    Not at all. At the very least they're irresponsible parents. At the worst, well, lack of evidence doesn't mean lack of guilt. I still suspect there was a horrible accident and that they covered it up, and that they're in severe denial.

PS I wish their "spokesman" would just STFU, he gets on my tits they way he paints them as modern day saints.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    Are you a teetotaller? I wouldn't trust myself with 2 pints down my neck!
    I would trust BGG after a couple of pints. After half a bottle of sambucca...definitely not.

HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X