• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Poor 9 year old daughter..."

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    more to the point,

why the heavens is this on the BBC news?

Travel company makes trivial clerical error and puts 3 people on wrong flight. Reasonably inconvenient for 3 people and of zero interest to the other 6,000,000,000 people in the world.

Some poor sap's TV license paid for that story and to what end?
    licence (unless you are a septic)

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by tim123 View Post
    Yes we know he said that, but why is it the case?

They have a flight booked back to Cardiff which they won't lose just because they flew out from Luton, and they won't need to go back to Luton to retrieve a car because they are being taxied there.

What he said makes no sense

tim
    They don't have a flight back to Cardiff booked - they have a package holiday booked.

If they had accepted the flight from Luton, they would not then have been allowed to take the flight back to Cardiff (as that is tied to a different package) but would have been required to fly back into Luton. This is the way package holidays work.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Eating a box of chocolates. What is your favourite centre?
    Center for the criminally insane - tis where I met BGG

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    RTFA: "...we paid extra to fly from Cardiff. If we had flown from Luton it would have meant we would have had to have come back into Luton and we don't want to do this."

Sometimes the clues are right under your nose...
    Yes we know he said that, but why is it the case?

They have a flight booked back to Cardiff which they won't lose just because they flew out from Luton, and they won't need to go back to Luton to retrieve a car because they are being taxied there.

What he said makes no sense

tim

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost

I like the ones with the orangey flavoured soft centres.

They don't pull your fillings out like the toffee ones do...
    The Dutch?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Hazlenut!
    JUst as well you like nuts - there are plenty round here.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Hazlenut!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Forrest!!!! How the hell are you?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Sometimes life deals you a raw hand of cards and you have to make the most of it.
    Forrest!!!! How the hell are you?

Leave a comment:

• basshead
    replied
    Sometimes life deals you a raw hand of cards and you have to make the most of it.
    Agreed. But this is not one of those situations.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    more to the point,

why the heavens is this on the BBC news?

Travel company makes trivial clerical error and puts 3 people on wrong flight. Reasonably inconvenient for 3 people and of zero interest to the other 6,000,000,000 people in the world.

Some poor sap's TV license paid for that story and to what end?

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    how did the system allow the girl to print boading cards for a flight they weren't booked on?
    Similar thing happened to a guy sat in my seat once.

The 5pm Glasgow to Manchester flight was tech, so, I got moved to the delayed 4pm flight running very late (gales sweeping the UK on the night).

I rightly had a ticket for my seat.

when I went through the ticket machine at the gate, the machine beeped - it was because someone was already on my seat!

The guy who should have been moved to a much later flight chanced his luck by going ahead of me, and sitting in my seat.

Needless to say as soon as the cabin crew came looking for him he did not put up any fight and scarpered off with tail between his legs, amongst applause!

Therefore, I am guessing that if the flight was not full, and nobody else scanning into those seats, I can see why it happened, assuming the same technology as my experience a couple of years ago.

Kind of scary.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by basshead View Post
    Why should they 'accept Turkey'?

They probably had no hotel booked and would have had to 'make do' with whatever they were offered. Regardless, they had paid for a flight to Lanzarote. If I wanted to go to place A and ended up at place B through little fault of my own (sure they could have known where Bodrum was) why should I accept place B?

That would be madness, and 'putting up with it' would have been the epitome of the stiff upper lip make-the-best-of-a-bad-situation attitude thats creates the customer service joke that we see all too often in this country and would also have led to far more stress for the parents who are doubtless more susceptible to it.

Leave a comment:

• basshead
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Regardless (Unless you are a septic of course).
    Bah

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by basshead View Post
    ... Irregardless, they had paid for a flight to Lanzarote. ...
    Regardless (Unless you are a septic of course).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X