• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Terrible Films

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Terrible Films"

Collapse

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Is that in any way related to "The Blue Lamp" where that nice copper George Dixon got shot dead by nasty Dirk Bogarde?

However, it must be said that being shot dead didn't seem to prevent dear old George becoming a Sergeant on telly some years later.

Evenin' All... mind how you go.
    Nein!. For you scaley, ze vor iss over.

Mind you, yours is probably the better answer.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    <---- I'll name that film in one
    "The Blue Light"?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    What enjoyment could a heterosexual male get from watching a film about two gay men?
    I know what you mean.

The Dambusters - what enjoyment could somebody who isn't a member of an élite aerial bombardment unit get from watching a film about an élite aerial bombardment unit?

The Wooden Horse - what enjoyment could somebody who's never been a PoW and devised and succesfully implemented an ingenious plan of escape derive from a film about a PoW devising and successfully implementing an ingenious plan of escape?

All The President's Men - what enjoyment could somebody who's never been an investigative journalist on a prominent newspaper and exposed a scandal concerning corruption and abuse of power that reaches to the office of the most powerful man in the world possibly get from watching a film about a couple of investigative journalists on a prominent newspaper exposing a scandal concerning corruption and abuse of power that reaches to the office of the most powerful man in the world?

Watership Down - what is your problem with lovely fluffy bunnies, anyway?

Merry Melodies - oh hang on, this is General - we keep those over in TPD

<---- I'll name that film in one

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Not nessecerily, he's done some good stuff too.

Snake Eyes, Face Off, 8mm, City of Angels. He's made some stinkers as well, but they wern't all bad. Ghost Rider was by far the worst though.
    + Lord of War, The Weather Man, Leaving Las Vegas, Raising Arizona,...

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    I'm sure we've done this quite recently, but ho-hum, the three worst films so far for me are;

1. Solaris
    2. Memento
    3. The big Lebowski
    Just goes to show how subjective film opinion can be

All three of those films I would watch again today if I had the time.
    Especially The Big Lebowski, got to be in my top 20 all time

Leave a comment:

• synoniv
    replied
    "The happening" released last month, I hope they are long gone from the cinemas !

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    Anything and everything ever directed by Uwe Boll
    Have you registered your opinion at the Stop Dr. Uwe Boll Petition? He has a rather interesting way of responding to his critics too.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Surf Nazis Must die was pants also.
    Really? No, don't believe you

Leave a comment:

• Ravello
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Doh! Which part of "Dolph Lundgren" did you not understand before you watched the film?
    Neither bit and still don't! WTF does it mean??

Take your point, but I'm sure he's done one film that was OKish - no idea what it was tho. Meh, probably imagined it.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Any film with Steven Seagull in it.
    Or that short @rse from Brussels - Van Damme

Dig out Radioactive Dreams. It is seriously pi$$ poor. Surf Nazis Must die was pants also. Not a bit like Street Trash which was excellent at the time but probably would seem pants if I watched it now.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravello View Post
    The Peacekeeper "starring" Dolph Lundgren, utter utter pish.
    Doh! Which part of "Dolph Lundgren" did you not understand before you watched the film?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I'd forgotten LOTR. That was boring as hell: don't know how I managed to sit through the whole 3 hours. Worst of all was hearing all the people talk about it as "the new Star Wars" etc.
    Possibly they have an attention span longer than a butterfly on acid?

But I'm with you with "the new Star Wars" nonsense. LOTR is way way better than that ever was.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Any film with Steven Seagull in it.

Leave a comment:

• Chantho
    replied
    Originally posted by pisces View Post
    Grease. The ex wife used to watch it about once every fliping week.

Facking Torture
    Try watching "ABBA - The Movie" then Grease won't seem so bad

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    1) Cat Woman - bought it in China for 13p. Never have I felt so ripped off.

2) Anything and everything ever directed by Uwe Boll
    Last edited by b0redom; 9 July 2008, 11:03. Reason: spacing

Leave a comment:

Working...
X