• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Eating Healthy during day recipe"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    NP:
    1. In the morning, buy yoghurt instead of coffee.
    2. At lunchtime, buy a salad instead of burger and chips.
    3. In the afternoon, have water and some fruit instead of cola and chocolate bars.

HTH.
    4. Fart all day

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Soylent Green Is People!!!

That should be one of the CUK expressions...
    It's been too long since I've seen Soylent Green (if at all) to remember much about it. When was it last shown on TV?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Can't be coincidence. Gordon is into green food and recycling. I think only Gordon and any small boy knows that there is only one edible green food
    Soylent Green Is People!!!

That should be one of the CUK expressions...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Do you not think it's rather a coincidence that Gordon bleats on about food bills and wastage exactly 54 years after the ending of food rationing in Britain? (7 July 1954)
    Can't be coincidence. Gordon is into green food and recycling. I think only Gordon and any small boy knows that there is only one edible green food

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I'm surpised people get fat with the amount of eating it requires.They must be at it all day every day Our brains use 20% of the energy expended and being warm blooded has a high energy cost. Muscles also burn up a lot of energy, even when they are doing nothing.

Hey, have they fixed this website, I can see the emoticons without some being obscured by other links on the page.
    Do you not think it's rather a coincidence that Gordon bleats on about food bills and wastage exactly 54 years after the ending of food rationing in Britain? (7 July 1954)

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    We're being fattened up for...
    I'm surpised people get fat with the amount of eating it requires.They must be at it all day every day Our brains use 20% of the energy expended and being warm blooded has a high energy cost. Muscles also burn up a lot of energy, even when they are doing nothing.

Hey, have they fixed this website, I can see the emoticons without some being obscured by other links on the page.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    It's surprising how much we need to eat a day. We are eating machines.
    We're being fattened up for...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    Yeah, one day's food, if you're a field mouse.
    Using 100g a portion, usually, or a can:

Code:
    Muesli                   220 Cal

Rice                     300 Cal
    Beans                    330 Cal
    Bread (2 slices)         100 Cal
    Apple                      ? Cal

Spuds                     80 Cal
    Sausage(2)               100?Cal
    Bread (2 slices)         100 Cal
    Creamed Rice             390 Cal
                            ----
                            1620 Cal
                            ----
    Target should be say 2500 Cal / day, so that leaves 880 Cal to get from cheap high energy items like lard/butter/fat and sugar. (200g sugar or 100g butter). It's surprising how much we need to eat a day. We are eating machines.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    Or, I could just shoot myself in the face. Besides, anyone that buys a salad in McDonalds is a homo.
    Who said anything about McDonalds? Lettuce-munchers have a veritable plethora of retail emporia anxious to pander to their delusional dietary aspirations

It's finding a decent fry-up that's getting difficult these days

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    NP:
    3. In the afternoon, have water and some fruit instead of cola and chocolate bars.

HTH.
    That's fine for a jungle-dwelling chimp.

We have a tea-trolley three times a day laden with bacon butties, hot sausage rolls, crisps, chocolate, cakes and biccies.

ClientCo is slowly killing me.
    Lordy me, I wasn't implying that I'd eat crap like that myself

This was a recommendation to somebody else.

For my diet, see my reply to the doggy's post - although I don't eat eggs, so I'd replace that with a sausage or two.

And I'd replace the chips with a fried slice if I wasn't overly peckish - no point guzzling

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    I eat strawberries and lots of them, they are really cheap at the moment and very healthy for you, I love them t loads of them everyday

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    NP:

HTH.
    Or, I could just shoot myself in the face. Besides, anyone that buys a salad in McDonalds is a homo.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    NP:

HTH.
    That's fine for a jungle-dwelling chimp.

We have a tea-trolley three times a day laden with bacon butties, hot sausage rolls, crisps, chocolate, cakes and biccies.

ClientCo is slowly killing me.

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    How cheap could a nutritious diet be? Where taste is a secondary consideration.

Example of one days food:

Breakfast:
    Muesli = 5.2p (+ a bit more for milk if you is posh)
    Porridge = 7p " (+ 10p cooking if you is really posh)

Lunch and dinner/tea:
    Rice = £1.34 / kg or 13p a portion (+10p to cook)
    Spuds = 36p / kg or 4p a portion (+10p to cook)
    Bread = 10p / portion
    Beans = 20p / can (+5p to cook)
    Sausages = 20p for a cheap sausage (you need a bit of meat).

Pudding:
    A can of creamed rice is only about 20p

Drinks:
    Water = 0p (sourced from the water butt if necessary).
    or tea where heating costs dominate.

Apple a day = 16p

So 1 days food could be Muesli + Beans + Spuds + Bread + Rice + Apple = 93p

About a pound a day? And much less if you bought huge bags of spuds/porridge/rice?
    Yeah, one day's food, if you're a field mouse.

Leave a comment:

• Solent
    replied
    Eat as much as you like of everything you like.

Then down a bottle of Vodka and puke it all back up again.
    I was once a sufferer of bulimia with alzheimers, I put on 10 stone as I kept forgetting to throw up

Leave a comment:

Working...
X