• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Uh Oh :(

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Uh Oh :("

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    Thanks Nick

It is getting better, the anti-virals are working wonders.
    That's great news.
    I suppose... Mind you, if something bad did happen to you I'd certainly miss your wit an wisdom...
    Last edited by Churchill; 12 May 2008, 10:01.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Sounds utterly horrid - have a hug

I hope it's getting better by now

Thanks Nick

It is getting better, the anti-virals are working wonders.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Yes! I've got one right on the edge of my eye, in my lashes and it is horrid, and in my ears - like right in.

I've been taking the anti virals and antihistamines, I thought I was going to cry last night, trying to sleep was a nightmare.

Thanks for being so kind.

Sounds utterly horrid - have a hug

I hope it's getting better by now

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Is ok.

Just don't read any Rudyard Kipling... I did, it made my eyes water, and the pain was immense, which made my eyes water even more...
    Ah Brother Kipling. Such a nice man.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    It's very unpleasant, I found that the ones inside my eyelids were the most painful...

However, it does pass... eventually...

Calomine helps a lot with the itching, and an antihistamine tablet or two can also help.
    Yes! I've got one right on the edge of my eye, in my lashes and it is horrid, and in my ears - like right in.

I've been taking the anti virals and antihistamines, I thought I was going to cry last night, trying to sleep was a nightmare.

Thanks for being so kind.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Absolutely hideous. I've had about three hours sleep and I feel and look like hell. They are in my hair and between my toes, in my mouth, up my nose, god hates me.

Thanks for asking, Zeity.

Have you tried having a shower? Maybe you can just wash them off?

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Absolutely hideous. I've had about three hours sleep and I feel and look like hell. They are in my hair and between my toes, in my mouth, up my nose, god hates me.

Thanks for asking, Zeity.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Yep, DimPrawn had it recently
    Turns out it was VD.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Really?

I was 35 when I had it by the way...

And he's a good deal older than 20...

Not a mark on him..
    Well that attempted wind up failed

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I'm covered in spots!

Has anyone had measels or chicken pox?
    Yep, DimPrawn had it recently

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    We had a student pull that one last term... I was ever so amused having spent 3 weeks in bed with chickenpox...
    The effect of chickenpox can differ on a 20 yr old vs a 57 year old.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    We had a woman who worked with us once and went sick on the Friday so I had to do a double shift to cover for her. Back at work on Monday and her excuse for being sick, chickenpox. Fastest case I have ever seen...

Leave a comment:

• kali
    replied
    Cheers everyone.
    I'm back from the doctor and do have chicken pox. Have massive anti-viral tablets to take five times a day. Apparently, getting them as an adult means you are more susceptable to lung infection.

Awww.. *hugs* hun - get well soon

Leave a comment:

• Swiss Tony
    replied
    Unclean, unclean!!

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Cheers everyone.
    I'm back from the doctor and do have chicken pox. Have massive anti-viral tablets to take five times a day. Apparently, getting them as an adult means you are more susceptable to lung infection.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X