• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "No we REALLY are doomed"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7375736.stm

Nato has warned Russia that its recent troop build-up in Georgia's two breakaway regions undermines its neighbour's territorial integrity.

Russia's moves in Abkhazia and South Ossetia were raising tensions in the area, a Nato spokesman said.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    It prophesies the end of the the world in 2008 ?. I'll wait till next year and pick it up cheap

Could well be 2008 if the doomsayers are right about the Large Hadron Collider that's due to fire up in the next month or two. On the plus side, we may lose France.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    "As these events unfold, the world will increasingly become aware of the authenticity of the words in this book and realize that Ronald Weinland has been sent by God as His end-time prophet.

This book is primarily directed to the people of the three major religions of the world (Islam, Judaism and Christianity), whose roots are in the God of Abraham. Ronald Weinland has been sent to all three."

This guy has been watching too many Keanu Reeves movies.

Ronald McBloodyDonald more like.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    So all my long term investment plans are a bit pointless then?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    I'll wait for the hollywood remake. They always come up with a happy ending.
    It prophesies the end of the the world in 2008 ?. I'll wait till next year and pick it up cheap

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I once spent the night with other parents, with a few of the Essex cub scouts' groups at the Kelvedon bunker.

Very creepy place.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I like the one in Essex at Kelvedon. My lad wants to go there over the BH weekend - having had to take him 8 times over last 2 years I am not keen!
    Maybe he knows something we don't...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    He probably can't get Internet access in his government-surplus nuclear bunker.
    Quite a few of those around - was watching most haunted the other day and they visited one in Cheshire. seems each of 14 uk regions had one of those - I like the one in Essex at Kelvedon. My lad wants to go there over the BH weekend - having had to take him 8 times over last 2 years I am not keen!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I want to hear from Nicky G about this one!
    He probably can't get Internet access in his government-surplus nuclear bunker.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by miffy View Post
    I'm still here, or am I mistaking this place for heaven?
    If this is heaven - what is hell like?

Or is that when atw and chico are both here at the same time?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I want to hear from Nicky G about this one!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    We are, pussbag thinks he knows about something other than cars.

top post Lucy

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post

You won't be able to, you'll be burnt to a crisp with the rest of mankind.

Hopefully I'll be playing GTA IV when world war hits and I'll die a happy man.

Remember to stock up on tissues, pot noodles and a diesel generator to power the plasma, games console and kettle during the waiting period.

I thought the world was supposed to end in 2000 anyway. I'm still here, or am I mistaking this place for heaven?

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Some of these prophecies concern the demise of the United States over the next year, which will be followed by man's final world war. This last war will be the result of clashing religions and the governments they sway. Billions will die! This time will far exceed even the very worst times in all human history.
    I could have told you that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X