• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What's occurring???"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post

Remember

the funniest show on tv

(Peep show)

is back on

friday
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    G & S was pretty good. I never realised but apparently the fat one was in Teachers, and the thin one was in it in a different series.
    For me, Uncle Bryn (spelling?) made this series.

And yes, Peep Show is something I look forward to. Especially now that My Name is Earl seems to have gone downhill. I don't know if it can knock TopGear for top spot though.

Leave a comment:

• Tensai
    replied
    the surprising thing about Peep show is crap 80s quiz show host and comedian Andrew O'Connor is one of the co creators
    Maybe he's peaking late in life? I'm sincerely hoping that's possible, I'm still waiting
    Last edited by Tensai; 29 April 2008, 20:39. Reason: Wibble

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    The only other time I've heard the phrase "What's occurring?" was by Dennis Waterman in The Sweeney, when he stumbled upon some villains in the act of naughtyness.

It sounded very odd, as in real life he'd have been swearing his head off.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    the surprising thing about Peep show is crap 80s quiz show host and comedian Andrew O'Connor is one of the co creators

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_O%27Connor

http://www.ukgameshows.com/atoz/prog...talkabout1.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Peep Show? Another one that's passed me by.
    As was said earlier - the funniest show on TV!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peep_Show_(TV_series)
    safe link

DO NOT read the plot summaries unless you want it completely spoilt on first viewing
    Last edited by Spacecadet; 29 April 2008, 13:07.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Peep Show? Another one that's passed me by.

Current client's proxy is in Amsterdam so I'd rather not google it.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    hopefully Sophie Winkleman is back in Peep show

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    It's quite funny, not belly laughs, but very good. You have to watch the first series for the second to make sense. It's laughing at Essex types as much as the Welsh.

Remember the funniest show on tv (Peep show) is back on friday
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    and for once, a CUK member not exaggerating

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    It's quite funny, not belly laughs, but very good. You have to watch the first series for the second to make sense. It's laughing at Essex types as much as the Welsh.

Leave a comment:

• bellymonster
    replied
    It's not bad as comedies go. The fat chap (cant remember his name) is the best in it, he also co wrote it.

I'd take a look.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Never heard of it

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    started a topic What's occurring???

What's occurring???

What's the deal with this Gavin and Stacey prog?

Is it any good or just another opportunity to laugh at Welsh people?

Everyone seems obsessed with it at home and I need to know it's worth torrenting or is it another example of Welsh people obsessing about any crap Welsh thing on TV. (Torchwood excepted of course)*

* Pondlife in "is there any chicken in chicpeas?" mode

Working...
X